Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question: Will a 5 way flat to 5 way flat extension work if I am hooking it to a 4 way flat on the truck and a 4 way flat on the trailer?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It mite, The 5th is for a back up silinoid that blocks out your electric brakes. It works off of your back up lites. If the pins work out that the fifth pic misses the 4 pin block. I have seen 4 to 5 adaptors. Hope this helps. Rod

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just thought that the fifth was for the brakes so I guess it will be fine if the trailer does not have brakes and if I run across one with brakes I will be set up for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I need to amend my post. I stated Electric brakes, it is for surge brakes. The silinoid blockse the surge function from activating and applying the brakes when you back up. If you get a trailer with electric brakes, you will need a brake actuater that mounts in your cab. Sorry for the wrong info earlyer. Rod:)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More than OK I under stand exactly what you mean now

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Yes, and the back up lights are always the furthest from the ground. We do it all the time with our boat trailers. The truck has a 5 flat on it and we plug 4 flats into it all the time!

Bentley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts