Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I have a 6" stack, and there is not a big difference in how it sounds when compared to a full straight piped exhaust.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i would like to hear this also :)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i do i'm downloading it as i type. it's an lly though.

i didn't let it warm up enough though so it's still under cold engine protection.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
1lowdiesel;1592542; said:
Got any sound clips of what it sounds like driving down the road with the windows up? I really like stacks, but I don't know if I could live with the sound in the cab. That and cutting a big hole in the bed would be tough to do too. What kind of exhaust did you have before? How does the sound in the cab compare?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
actually cutting the hole was the easiest part. before i had an mbrp down pipe no muffler and had it comming out before the tire.

if your concerned about the noise in the cab i'd run a muffler then, ususally with stack set-ups we do an aero turbine muffler that ususally quiets it down quite a bit.

i'll get you a clip inside the cab later today.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
1lowdiesel;1604848; said:
actually cutting the hole was the easiest part. before i had an mbrp down pipe no muffler and had it comming out before the tire.

if your concerned about the noise in the cab i'd run a muffler then, ususally with stack set-ups we do an aero turbine muffler that ususally quiets it down quite a bit.

Cool thanks.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
JoshH;1610329; said:
Do you have a muffler on your stack or not?
no muffler no cat....4" back to the bed that goes into a 4-5" coupling then a 5" elbow short piece of 5" pipe and a 36" chrome stack.

also when i say its quieter that the bully dog that is with the bully dog muffler INSTALLED

i cut the hole with a 6" hole saw

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
1lowdiesel;1604848; said:

Did you ever get the clip?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
JoshH;1625741; said:
Thanks alot. That's not bad at all. I'm really considering doing a stack.
since youve already got 5" exhaust all you need is an elbow and a 4' stack if you want to do a single.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.