Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... I got my exhaust put on today. The install was not as good as I would have hoped. The directions were not to good with the 5'' piece. My CAT had to be cut off... but, it is on and I like the how it sounds!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Well get some sound clips and share the good sound... I am saving my pennies for the 5" MBRP... I really want to hear what it sounds like on the D-Max

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well get some sound clips and share the good sound... I am saving my pennies for the 5" MBRP... I really want to hear what it sounds like on the D-Max
me too. I am on the market for a exhaust system for my 01 LB7

·
Registered
352 Posts
Whats the price for the 5"? I didn't see it on DPPI's page, just the 4".

Also, what grade stainless do you guys recommend? Is there really that much difference in the 304/409?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Well... I got my exhaust put on today. The install was not as good as I would have hoped. The directions were not to good with the 5'' piece. My CAT had to be cut off... but, it is on and I like the how it sounds!
Cuting is the easy way, you can get it out in one piece, there's a bracket by the transfer case you needed to remove, I did mine in a grease pit and the whole system came out in two pieces, the front pipe and the cat back.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since you already have the cat delete all you would need is the 5'' catback system. It is $379 plus shipping.
Whats the price for the 5"? I didn't see it on DPPI's page, just the 4".

Also, what grade stainless do you guys recommend? Is there really that much difference in the 304/409?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
PghFamilyMan,

Haven't had the time to get them listed, just call us at 866-455-7788 and we'll get you any info you need.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
458 Posts
The grade of stainless being used by MBRP has got to be on the "very cheap" side. Mine 4" cat back system has only been on since last December and I was amazed at the amount of pitting and what looks like rust that I have already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mbrp 5inch exhaust available in aluminized steel only. price quoted me was $517 for front pipe back system. quoted by DPPI.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
RedSoxFan,

No it's the standard mill polished 409 stainless used by all the exhaust companies (soem don't get polished though). ANY 409 grade will turn brown/gray especially in northern climates due to salt and mag chloride, but in the South it just takes longer. 409 is a magnetic stainless and is the same material used on the stock exhaust systems from the big 3 now. 304 is a non magnetic stainless and has a higher content of nickel and chromium and will stay basically just like it comes out of the box for longer than you are I will be around, it costs more though. The MBRP 304 includes the duall wall tips too in the price.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.