Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so last night I get my 5" magnaflow cat back exhaust. Like a kid in a candy store I have to go put it on. I do not have a hoist so it is on my back for me. I undo the band clamp and and am thinking oh this is going to be a breeze. BOY was I wrong. The rubber hanges are the most ignorant things in the world. After mess with them I then tried to pull the exhaust through. This didn't work the way I thought it would . It would be fine if it was in the air but no matter how I tried I just couldn't seem to get the right angle so I ended up finding a sawsall in my hands. Ok exhaust is out and am thinking the new stuff is going to go together like butter and it did except for the last joint. The fit was so tight I hand to hammer the opening a little bigger and with some luck on my side I finally got it to go. Now the only thing left was to tighten everything. Maybe this wasn't my night or maybe this is just how it goes,but 2 hours later it was done. I wanted to put my 2 cents in for the next guy. However after all that, I am very happy with my exhaust and would most likely to it all over again.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I spray WD40 in the hangers and use channel locks or a big par of plyers to push the hangers out of the rubber. I get four jack stands under the truck and then put a jack under the hitch and raise the body up. The stock exhuast will slide out. I put 5" magnaflow on last week and had no problems. Only one slip-on gave me problems I just used channel locks to spread the pipe a bit so it would slide on easier.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya after all the reading I did I figured it woundn't be a big deal. I guess it just wasn't my night. It was 10:30pm when I figure I would change it out. LOLOLOL Oh well what do ya do. LOLOL

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
befor i put mine on i test fitted all the joints and fixed some of them i think this saved me alot of time

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I did a MBR on my truck help of a jack off and back on in no time,factory in one piece still. Do you like the way we bend the tip down alittle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.