Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the 4x4 switch on my 2007 LBZ classic stays warm when truck is shut off. Is there current going to it all the time or is the switch gone bad ?.

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
You could possibly have a short to ground somewhere causing the issue.
Let the vehicle sit for a couple of hours then I would probe the switch with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could possibly have a short to ground somewhere causing the issue.
Let the vehicle sit for a couple of hours then I would probe the switch with a voltmeter.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try voltmeter and see what shows. Is there a fuse for the 4x4 switch?
Thanks again

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll try voltmeter and see what shows. Is there a fuse for the 4x4 switch?
Thanks again
Should be a 30A fuse at the end of the dash I believe it is labeled TREC ( Transfer Case Encoder Motor/Shift control Module)
You can double check your owner's manual

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be a 30A fuse at the end of the dash I believe it is labeled TREC ( Transfer Case Encoder Motor/Shift control Module)
You can double check your owner's manual
4wd (four-wheel Drive System, Auxiliary Battery} only fuse that might be the one.None of them are listed TREC

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did some further research and the only fuse link I could find in all the fuses boxes is TCM (Transmission Ecoder module. Could this be the one your talking about?
I took out the 4x4 switch and ther is 2 light bulbs lit after Ign. sitch is shut off.
Still lost to what may be wrong. I need a little help
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally found the TREC Fuse. It is in the under the hood fuse box, but its marked ( not used) so I'm back to square one.
Buy chance does the bulbs on the 4x4 select switch remain on after key is turned off and taken out?

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
I finally found the TREC Fuse. It is in the under the hood fuse box, but its marked ( not used) so I'm back to square one.
Buy chance does the bulbs on the 4x4 select switch remain on after key is turned off and taken out?
IIRC, there is power through the BCM for a short time after IGN is off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The power stays on the fog light switch.the 4x4 switch,the head light switch at least hr's or more
I'm lost please help.

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
The power stays on the fog light switch.the 4x4 switch,the head light switch at least hr's or more
I'm lost please help.
It could be a faulty IGN switch causing the power feed or you have a short to ground somewhere else feeding those systems.
Some other members may chime in to give some advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts