Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles are the ball joints and tie rods, hub berarings etc good for on the 3/4 ton 4x4,I try to lube every oil change with good products,(even the lower ball joints the dealer seems unable to get)Thank You for any help.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Depends totally on how you use it. My front end got rebuilt at 26000 miles. Pitman, idler, inner tie rods, wheel bearings. Broke one upper ball joint a while after that. So far the other ball joints are ok. I use mine hard on the farm. Many guys that just drive down the highways get really high miles with nothing. Some will do the front hubs but nothing else. Just depends how you use it and how wide your wheels and tires are.

·
Registered
190 Posts
At 60,000 my whole front end failed ! serviced often driven lightly ! not even close to impressed

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i jacked up the front of my yukonxl 2500 4x4 and had a helper shake the front tires back and fourth and the center link twists fwd and backword pretty good amount,with one tire on the ground the tire in the air moves in and out about 1-2 inches before the tire on the ground even trys to move, I would say they are bad,anyone else agree,ball joints and tie rods and hubs are all tight..with both tries in the air there is still a lot of play in the pitman arm and the idler arm.....

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Sounds like the pitman and idler are pretty worn. That's how mine were.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES, we were right dealers putting on a pit men arm and idler arm under gmpp,,thanks to all....

·
Registered
992 Posts
at 72,000 miles i had to replace 1 wheel bearing, the pass side lower balljoint, and drivers side inner tie rod end. greased every 6,000 miles. I have had a plow on the turck, cranked bars and 285's since almost new.

·
Registered
341 Posts
YES, we were right dealers putting on a pit men arm and idler arm under gmpp,,thanks to all....

I am SOOO GLAD I seen this post. I have Major Guard GMPP. Almost pulled the trigger on ordering Pitman, Idler and Tie-Rods this morning and came here to see how many replaced the inner tie-rods as well and ran across this post. Called the dealer and got a "Yes, Sir" when asking if my warranty covered these items........taking it in this evening :clap::clap:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Never greased a single thing on the truck. Has a 85k on it with a slight vibration from 50-65mph. Its been driven pretty hard.

DMAXBOB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts