Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ghost #1 ---
Last night when I put the truck in park, the doors unlocked as expected. However, only the front doors unlocked. I sat there for about 15 minutes playing with the electric door lock switch as well as the remote. The rear CC doors would not unlock. Both rear doors WOULD lock, but not unlock. This morning, everything seems fine. All electric door locks work as expected.

Ghost #2 ---
When I open my door before turning off the engine, the radio will not turn off. I know there is a timer until the door is opened, but this feature seems to be bypassed when I stop the engine after opening the door.

Ghost #3 ---
My electric 4x4 was stuck in Neutral (only the light, the truck was obviously in 2 Hi) one morning a few months ago. After that, it read 2 Hi and started working fine. The dealer could not find any error codes and told me to forget about it.

Am I due for some major catastrophy that will result from a collection of small incidences like this? Is my computer going nuts or should I not worry about these little glitches?

Other than these, the vehicle is perfect!

·
Registered
138 Posts
ooooh weeee ooooohhh

I've had your # 3

I tried #2 and the radio went right off with the engine.

I'm an extended cab so guess #1 can't happen.

tundra me thinks we need a CTRL/ALT/DELETE set of buttons on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
These types of intermediate quirks ,if I can call it that, are a PITA .... Untill a actual part fails or a code is set the tech's are clueless,as you are ....

Perhaps you can persuade them to change the BCM .... Tell them your concerned with someone being locked in the rear in a emergency situation .... It may persuade them ....

Good luck and let us know what happens ....

Mac

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had #2, they replaced the 4x4 switch & they messed with the wiring.Seemed to work.I also have a ghost in my display lighting.It will flash real quick & the seat will lose its memory for whoever is driving at the time when it happens.I also lose the Juice programing when it happens.They can't find this problem.At least it only happens once in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts