Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was on the GM site "building" a 3500 and the application only allows a 3500 regualar cab to be 4x4. All other cab options and the 4x4 selection pops back to 2wd. WTF??

jb

·
Registered
100 Posts
The site is not fully functional on building the HD's. You can build a chevy 2500 HD as long ad you don't specify any color but black. The Computer people at GM will get it up and running eventually. For now try Edmunds.com or kbb.com.
Dave

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Computer glitch? Figures. But if they can't make the software to sell the trucks how can they build them.....

Oops, cynical side popped out.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Cougar GT-E;1602506; said:
Computer glitch? Figures. But if they can't make the software to sell the trucks how can they build them.....

Oops, cynical side popped out.
Remember, GM is a car/truck manufacturer and NOT a software developer. Roger Smith's venture into computers resulted in the EDS fiasco. One good thing that Rick Wagner did was to get rid of EDS. ):h

·
Registered
768 Posts
I to noticed this yesterday when i went to build a new ccda 4x4, guess i will wait a little longer

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an 03 brochure laying around so I looked in it. It looks like a Reeg. cab 3500 is only available in 4wd then too. So this must not be a new thing.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
No C30903

There is no C30903 model for the GMT900. Just order a C20903. The only difference is the tires and shock valving. The 30 series have 7.5" wheel and 20 series have 7" wheel.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If GM can't figure out how to program a website, then outsource the task. There are plenty of people/companies in the USA that know how to do this task.

To me, it is just another example of the problems at GM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
OC_DMAX;1624156; said:
If GM can't figure out how to program a website, then outsource the task. There are plenty of people/companies in the USA that know how to do this task.

to me GM is about to make the gap between them and TOYOTA, FORD, DODGE bigger... GM has the best products, especially new roll outs, for the best value...

It will not surprise me to see GM dominate the truck market, both diesel and gassers, the next five years... No one comes close in quality, yes I said it, quality and value...

with the downturn in the market, I would like to buy GM in the 26-28.50 range... A steal... right now its a good buy...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was poking around at the GMC website, and came across this page - looks like you can get a 3500 with all 3 cab styles, just no short box available. I was hoping a short box be available with a ext. cab SRW.

www.gmc.com/lightduty/sierra900/3500/photos360.jsp

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
A SB/RC 3500 DRW 4x4 would be sweet looking. The box would be all fender!! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
i beleive the 2500 hd is the srw 1 ton

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
derekdsj;1629984; said:
i beleive the 2500 hd is the srw 1 ton
I was told (take it for waht its worth) the 3500 is the 2500hd w/over load springs thats it?

·
Registered
549 Posts
thejdman04;1630451; said:
I was told (take it for waht its worth) the 3500 is the 2500hd w/over load springs thats it?
I've heard & read the samething every time the subject came up on several diff forums, the overload springs & higher capacity wheels. I only heard one person say they had different frames, and that was someone here in a recent thread - he said he measured them, I think. But who knows, that was one person's opinion vs the zillions of others over several years. I'd be interesting to hear from others who own or have access to both.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Didnt the member that got to test drive a new HD and take it on vacation say that he took a 1ton SRW Ext/short bed or am I just confused???

·
Registered
83 Posts
RoadShark;1630584; said:
I'd be interesting to hear from others who own or have access to both.

I have a couple 800 2500HDs and a 3500 SRW - all reg cabs. The difference is nominal, but enough to make a difference. The differences are pretty much as you pointed out - additional leaf springs and overload "helpers", higher capacity rim.

The 3500 SRW handles the payloads alot better, which through the winter months is of importance - they are used to spread salt on our winter maintenance sites. The 3500 handles a larger spreader with ease - the 2500's are limited to a smaller spreader & less weight.

·
Registered
110 Posts
that makes sense what kind of difference is ther between the 2500 and the 2500 hd just leaf springs again ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
OC_DMAX;1624156; said:

GM does outsource their web development and programming(or they have an inhouse division as part of the IT centre). Programming web base applications isn't easy. That stuff can take months to write, and even longer to fix depending on how large the system is.

Give them a break. :eek::

1 - 19 of 19 Posts