Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes anyways. I have a 1993 chev 1 ton dually 4 x 4, 454 , 4 L80E tranny the 4 wheel drive was working but quit on me the other day while sitting there running. Thought it might be the front actuator so I purchased a new one finding out it was the upgraded electric one with the 5 pin plug. Plugged the new one on to the wiring harness still nothing fuse was checked and was okay/ Checked the switch on the transfer case 4 low and 4 high and checked out fine on the continuaty tester. Checked the old plug that connects into the new harness the blue and black wire there is 12 volts at the blue wire when put in 4 low or 4 high. There is a brown wire in the new harness that has 12 volts when ignition is on. On the new five pin plug that runs to the new actuator has 4 wires black which is ground, brown seems to be the ignition on , a gray with a black strip a black with a gray strip there is not power to this last two. There is a solinode or relay delphi #12182086 which seems to be not working. There is a blue wire which has twelve volts when put in 4 low or 4 high , a black which is ground is there a way of by passing this solinode without harming anything. What is the purpose of this solinode in the electrical system. The wiring harnness kit I believe is GM # 12376319. I've looked at a GM part # 31028331 harnness that has no solinode and basically is the same wiring brown ignition wire and blue switch wire and ground black . The new solinode is 150.00.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I dont know if it will help you or not but i have heard of problems with the harness going from the passenger side fire wall down behind the engine to the actuator/transfer case. A friend of mine with a half ton had the same problem, he rewired it with toggle switches and has worked fine for two years now. I personally would rewire it properly but it can be by-passed. I would look for a junker or a wreck for the parts if you dont want to buy new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts