Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. I have a 93 GMC K3500 with the 6.5. I've had my transmission replaced twice already because of an electrical part they said was causing the transmissions to go bad. It was this second time I was told that and they replaced it with a newer part that bypasses the older one. This one shifts hard in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, especially when it's warmed up. They told me the transmission could be adjusted but they wanted me to drive it for some time. I did and I ended up taking it back to them months later. They told me nothing could be done because it's just the kind it is..I know that's not true. I was told by another to change the input speed sensor. It didn't help. Any more ideas?

·
Administrator
22,664 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,301 Posts
Welcome to dieselplace🍻Is it producing any codes?

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,301 Posts
Your right.It shouldn’t be shifting hard through the gears.When it comes to throttle position sensors or most things electrical I try to use acdelco or delco new old stock.It’s much better quality overall.

This is probably a silly thing to ask but I guess the filter and fluid has been replaced already?

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
858 Posts
My truck's a '93 but a 3/4 ton. I had the hard shifting problem and it didn't throw any codes. Turned out to be a badly worn/corroded ignition switch. You might take a look at yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your right.It shouldn’t be shifting hard through the gears.When it comes to throttle position sensors or most things electrical I try to use acdelco or delco new old stock.It’s much better quality overall.

This is probably a silly thing to ask but I guess the filter and fluid has been replaced already?
Yes sir it has.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have a 93, with a 6.2, (military issue, J code), with a 4l80, with a nice firm shift, and I like it. Never seen it as problematic. Not sure how hard yours is, compared to mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts