Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that's done this had any problems...?
I've been reading not to do this mod part of the kit for the following reasons...

HD2 kit Update and caution
recently we had a discussion on the sloppy page and people pointed out to me to not perform this mod
"Grady Farrer: It's to solve over pressure conditions. It has you drill from 14 into 47. 47 is a void so it's easy to undo this mod if you've already done it
If torque signal fluid builds up too much pressure (tune. Worn valve. Epc, etc) then it will unseat the trans go ball and exhaust the fluid.
This way you don't build up too much pressure and blow out snap rings or seals etc.
It's a bad mod because if the transgo ball doesn't seal perfectly...or over time it wears out and leaks...or gets cocked sideways etc...then it leaks torque signal fluid and causes horribly LOW line pressure and cooks the trans
It doesn't really fix anything and there's a big risk to break ****. Moral of the story... don't do the relief mod

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I do not know who the Sloppy Mechanics are but a well known reputable trans builder Mike L has used them since they first came out with no problems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... I'm sure he would know... I read it some place else too...
There are 9 Steps in the kit... Would you know if he does all of them and not leave that step out...? Would hate to fry the trans...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Thank you... I'm sure he would know... I read it some place else too...
There are 9 Steps in the kit... Would you know if he does all of them and not leave that step out...? Would hate to fry the trans...
I am not sure on that and personally I would take it to a good local reputable shop to have it installed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a bad idea...
The kit is actually pretty straight forward since you're mostly just changing parts... I'm just not sure about that one step...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Personally I prefer to get my transmission info from people who have been building them everyday for decades.

Reactions: VIOL8TOR
1 - 7 of 7 Posts