Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking on ebay and didn't really see anything. Can I compression fitting and replace with brake line/splice into old line? This is the bucket truck that has sat for 13 years and is for farm use and I don't even know if this POS auto is going to work or not. I wish upon wish it was a nv4500 but doing a conversion/getting a manual to swap is not cost or time effective. Truck weighs at or over 10,000 lbs, think it's funny they even bothered with this trans in that heavy of a truck.
Anyway, how much pressure is on these lines? Is splicing an impossible idea? It's for farm/neighborhood use, not road trips. Would like to price and find the right set online, and if not, splice and try.

I have NEVER driven this truck a single foot. I have put it into gear and it feels like it's "there and ready". But the shifter will not go down into 1st, is that a problem?

·
Administrator
16,002 Posts
Look on the RockAuto site. They have AC/Delco lines reasonably priced:
And if you order don't forget the 5% discount code:

Reactions: Kgw51gmc

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I change the truck model to 1994 for this bucket truck, it only shows 1 oil cooler line available. Do you guys think the 1994 auto trans cooler lines are the exact same as 1997? 1997 Rock auto lists a whole bunch of lines. But when I change to 1994, there is only one line..... I'm betting they are the same between those models.

·
Administrator
16,002 Posts
When I change the truck model to 1994 for this bucket truck, it only shows 1 oil cooler line available. Do you guys think the 1994 auto trans cooler lines are the exact same as 1997? 1997 Rock auto lists a whole bunch of lines. But when I change to 1994, there is only one line..... I'm betting they are the same between those models.
Not sure, other than OBDI for the 94' and OBDII for the 97' maybe a size difference in the lines?:confused:

Reactions: Kgw51gmc

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I like about my 97 trans (manual)- it has invisible-non existent lines, can be drift started, has no filter, gets better MPG, and has theft deterrence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts