Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 4L80 to put in my 88 crewcab, and i found a wiring harness from a 91 suburban, but its a gas engine one. can i use a diesel computer and this harness or will i have to use a diesel engine harness? would I be better off getting a harness from a van?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK,,,,,,,,, can i use a 93 4l80e computer to run a 94 4l80e transmission?

·
Registered
897 Posts
it would probably be easiest to get an stand alone transmission harness like they use on streetrods. There are a lot of different manufactures of these harnesses now and are not all that expensive. Also it give a real neat package as opposed to a modified cutup oem harness. If you need help in finding one of these PM me and I will look some up for you.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you can also change them to a manual valvebody and just shift it when you want it to shift and ditch the computer all together

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to use factory parts. I know its more work than pluggin in an expensive aftermarket computer, but its easier to get parts when you need them.
I thought about the manual valve body, but i drove my friends car that was that way, and did not like it at all. I want to put it in gear and just go. guess i gotta look for a p30 stepvan to get parts from.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is the Crewcab a Diesel? If so, you can use a GM standalone TCM for what you want to do. PM me for more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts