Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for information and advice... Is there a specific bolt up 4in straight exhaust I could use for my 06 gmc savana 3500 ( non extended) . I was told 4 wouldn't.work and just to cut out converter and muffler and use stock size pipe...also looking into a possible programmer. Or a single tow tune.Thanks

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
A truck exhaust fits with a little work to a hanger or 2 but nothing major. For tuning check out Kennedy Diesel.

·
Administrator
22,031 Posts
Looking for information and advice... Is there a specific bolt up 4in straight exhaust I could use for my 06 gmc savana 3500 ( non extended) . I was told 4 wouldn't.work and just to cut out converter and muffler and use stock size pipe...also looking into a possible programmer. Or a single tow tune.Thanks
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
So do you know if I would order a 2006 GMC Sierra or Silverado regular cab exhaust? Is there a specific one that works.Thanks
Some brands include enough pipe to cover all wheelbases. Pick the brand you like and compare wheelbases if needed and go.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I bought a downpipe and 4" exhaust from alligator performance a while ago for my 06 extended. It was a truck exhaust package, but it fit no problem. I think the only thing I modified, was cutting a tab off the transmission to give clearance to the downpipe.
Keep in mind though, your van will smell bad in the winter with the aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I think I'm just gonna delete the cat and muffler . Not sure if there will be much sound different 3.5 to downpipe back 4
Be prepared for some drone.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I know my Cummins had drone ..straight pipe had to put a muffler on. I figured a van would be worse.. question about the kennedy lift pump..was it easy install.any advice.. Could you notice any difference. Thanks
I would order a 4" turbo back exhaust with muffler delete. Then install a FTE resonator or resonator/muffler so you do not have any drone.
Kennedy lift pump with deluxe kit is an easy install and I highly recommend it.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Be aware that in cold weather, the aftermarket exhaust will stink severely.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Be aware that in cold weather, the aftermarket exhaust will stink severely.
Mine does not stink severely maybe you should try some better tuning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.