Diesel Place banner

469HP/1081 ftlbs

6K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  Flashscan 
#1 · (Edited)
Congrats GMC2002DMAX and EFILive.

Your latest tune took my truck to 469 HP and 1081 ftlbs Torque.

With Nitrous.....610HP and 1308 ftlbs of Torque.

Test parameters:

Superflow Dyno
OD lockout
Tech 2 commanding 4th gear.
43 mph to 80 mph over 8 seconds

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats!

#5 ·
You guys are going to make 500hp on just #2 in no time. Keep up the good work.

"If you ain't broke nothing yet...Give it a little more" :ro)

#7 ·
Good job Tony and Guy!

#10 ·
Great Job, lets see the 500+ soon.....

#11 ·
those are some great numbers guys. GMC-2002-Dmax how long have you been working on that tune to get those numbers

#12 ·
I started in early December and have been working on learning what to do and what not to do for the past two months.

To give you an example of how much work I have into it my EFI live tune folder contains 969 files in 241 folders.

Everytime I made a change to a tune file I made note of that change and saved it as a new file. That has allowed me to track the changes and learn from them.

However almost 1/2 of the files are Trippin's as he gets an identicle test file for his 2003 as I have written for my 2002.

I also have sent some test tunes to a few members for Fuel Economy Testing and some are stock Tune Files I use as my building Block files.

In total only a little over two months.

But many hundreds of hours of street tuning before dyno testing.

I learned a tremendous amount of information on the dyno and from Trippin's dyno runs last week and yesterday.

T:cool: NY

#13 ·
What is the deal with sharing or selling tunes? Are there some normal protocol evolving? Will this become a secondary market with "named" tunes being sold?

Can a tune be copyrighted?

Seems it would not meet any type of standard for protection under copyright law since all a tune really is, is a set of parameters for EFI Live SW settings.

#15 · (Edited)
Are you guys gonna sell your super tunes? :eek: ):h
If there were interest in the tunes commercially I would probably consider selling them...:)

BUT, that would be done exclusively through Socal Diesel.......:D

I wanted to have enough data and dyno time to prove out the tunes.

I started out interested in only making my truck perform differently based on what I wanted from a tune.

If you are interested send Trippin a PM and inquire.

Thanks for asking,

T:D NY

#16 · (Edited)
I think there is a market and will be greater as more folks get more tunes and more folks get EFI live. Folks like me who don't have the skills or the time to do the great work you have done there.

Once the tune is out though - it would be an honor system since they can be emailed around to any EFI user.

#17 ·
I think there is a market and will be greater as more folks get more tunes and more folks get EFI live. Folks like me who don't have the skills or the time to do the great work you have done there.

Once the tune is out though - it would be an honor system since they can be emailed around to any EFI user.
There will be a way to send out tunes via e-mail and not have to worry about them being passed around.

FLASHSCAN-2 is due out very soon, that will be the best of both worlds.

Look Here......

http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx

T:cool: NY

#18 ·
Cool. Lots of stuff in the works there.

#21 ·
Hmmmm.. Can EFI Live be used to reverse engineer a loaded tune or an Edge box by looking at the changed settings compared to stock?

#28 ·
#29 ·
Congrats :ro)

Was this the same tune that Greg was running at the track last Saturday? Could explain the Good Nitrous numbers?

#33 · (Edited)
Congrats :ro)

Was this the same tune that Greg was running at the track last Saturday? Could explain the Good Nitrous numbers?
Nope.........the tune Greg had is a earlier version of the one Trippin ran Wednesday. Greg's truck could not maintain 25 psi without the stock waste gate opening up, plus the EDGE was still connected and he was getting some added timing causing a rattle as well.

As far as comparing numbers or stacks, I'll wait for a dyno day when I can get my hands on a borrowed QUAD/OJ stack or whatever the latest and greatest PPE tuner is and I'll run them Back to Back , same truck, same day, same dyno.

The test Trippin ran to get these numbers gave a True comparison to how my tune does heads up against the TTS Xtreme. That is the only way to compare the tunes realistically.

The only thing I'll add is if you look at the HP/TQ and then got to the track with the truck time and time again the numbers don't prove out on a lot of the stacks.

I'll keep improving what I have and there will be another dyno day in the near future I am sure.

T;) NY

#30 ·
Place seems legit and the dyno seems legit , even stock hp #seem legit .
It is a rebuttal to the statement that more power has been made than any single tuner or stack. A lot of Bastard stacks have hit 500+ too.
As I have said before great job Tony but it is a BIG statement to say , when others have done better than 469 with stacks and some single tunes. He even did better than TTS as I recall just recently .I have stated that EFI will surpass any comercial tuner out in the market , In the right tuners hands.

#32 ·
Place seems legit and the dyno seems legit , even stock hp #seem legit .
It is a rebuttal to the statement that more power has been made than any single tuner or stack. A lot of Bastard stacks have hit 500+ too.
As I have said before great job Tony but it is a BIG statement to say , when others have done better than 469 with stacks and some single tunes. He even did better than TTS as I recall just recently .I have stated that EFI will surpass any comercial tuner out in the market , In the right tuners hands.
C.A.P, I guess what this highlights is the reason stacking will soon be a forgotten memory, add the costs up for a 'stacker' combo to what the entry level EFILive is, true, not everyone can write a 450 - 500Hp tune, but there is whispers they might even be for sale soon, so if you have the EFILive hardware for a bit extra, a user developed 450Hp tune is a pretty good deal.

Cheers,
Ross

#31 ·
I wish I would have made it up to the dyno day (part day) in Joliet on Feb 4, then we would have a real comparison to some other tunes.

#38 ·
all hard parts differ slightly
Great point about this being a sweet spot for EFI. Add to that the fact that everyone runs different tires, trans options, suspension, intake mods, exhaust etc.... and the vanilla tunes just seem too ...well vanilla (as great as some of them are).

#39 ·
I am truely impressed Tony!:ro) Not bad for a guy using his ***-o-meter and a few hours of dyno time :cool: I hear a rumor that its the second most powerfull tune a certian someone has ever ran before and driveability is excellent:beerchug: Really making me miss my LB7 now. You gota be having a ton of fun:(

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.