Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats GMC2002DMAX and EFILive.

Your latest tune took my truck to 469 HP and 1081 ftlbs Torque.

With Nitrous.....610HP and 1308 ftlbs of Torque.

Test parameters:

Superflow Dyno
OD lockout
Tech 2 commanding 4th gear.
43 mph to 80 mph over 8 seconds

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
You guys are going to make 500hp on just #2 in no time. Keep up the good work.

"If you ain't broke nothing yet...Give it a little more" :ro)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
nice # , way to go EFI boys, not to far off the magic # now!!!!!!500

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Good job Tony and Guy!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Correction, Good Job Tony and EFILive. :D

I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel.:eek:

Well you know Guy, there has been talk about your........... nevermind, it did involve a nut. :lol: Hey, someody had to be a test dummy :joke:

Good work all of you ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Great Job, lets see the 500+ soon.....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
those are some great numbers guys. GMC-2002-Dmax how long have you been working on that tune to get those numbers

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
those are some great numbers guys. GMC-2002-Dmax how long have you been working on that tune to get those numbers
I started in early December and have been working on learning what to do and what not to do for the past two months.

To give you an example of how much work I have into it my EFI live tune folder contains 969 files in 241 folders.

Everytime I made a change to a tune file I made note of that change and saved it as a new file. That has allowed me to track the changes and learn from them.

However almost 1/2 of the files are Trippin's as he gets an identicle test file for his 2003 as I have written for my 2002.

I also have sent some test tunes to a few members for Fuel Economy Testing and some are stock Tune Files I use as my building Block files.

In total only a little over two months.

But many hundreds of hours of street tuning before dyno testing.

I learned a tremendous amount of information on the dyno and from Trippin's dyno runs last week and yesterday.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
What is the deal with sharing or selling tunes? Are there some normal protocol evolving? Will this become a secondary market with "named" tunes being sold?

Can a tune be copyrighted?

Seems it would not meet any type of standard for protection under copyright law since all a tune really is, is a set of parameters for EFI Live SW settings.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Are you guys gonna sell your super tunes? :eek: ):h
If there were interest in the tunes commercially I would probably consider selling them...:)

BUT, that would be done exclusively through Socal Diesel.......:D

I wanted to have enough data and dyno time to prove out the tunes.

I started out interested in only making my truck perform differently based on what I wanted from a tune.

If you are interested send Trippin a PM and inquire.

Thanks for asking,

T:D NY

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think there is a market and will be greater as more folks get more tunes and more folks get EFI live. Folks like me who don't have the skills or the time to do the great work you have done there.

Once the tune is out though - it would be an honor system since they can be emailed around to any EFI user.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I think there is a market and will be greater as more folks get more tunes and more folks get EFI live. Folks like me who don't have the skills or the time to do the great work you have done there.

Once the tune is out though - it would be an honor system since they can be emailed around to any EFI user.
There will be a way to send out tunes via e-mail and not have to worry about them being passed around.

FLASHSCAN-2 is due out very soon, that will be the best of both worlds.

Look Here......

http://www.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Cool. Lots of stuff in the works there.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
good to here your numbers, sounds like you have gained the knowlege that many other good tunners took years to define:eek:

so was any of it copied or done from the ground up:ro)

I started in early December and have been working on learning what to do and what not to do for the past two months.

To give you an example of how much work I have into it my EFI live tune folder contains 969 files in 241 folders.

Everytime I made a change to a tune file I made note of that change and saved it as a new file. That has allowed me to track the changes and learn from them.

However almost 1/2 of the files are Trippin's as he gets an identicle test file for his 2003 as I have written for my 2002.

I also have sent some test tunes to a few members for Fuel Economy Testing and some are stock Tune Files I use as my building Block files.

In total only a little over two months.

But many hundreds of hours of street tuning before dyno testing.

I learned a tremendous amount of information on the dyno and from Trippin's dyno runs last week and yesterday.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts