Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the dyno and laid down 464 hp with just the mcrat race tune and TTS lift pumps I didnt get to try my own tunes because I left the laptop at home oh well they asked me back tomorrow to try some more for free. they were so impressed by the power with so little mods they want me to be a test truck with some programmers and other things if I want first will be a PPE HOT+2 :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
excuse my ignorance but i thought that tune was at least 500hp??

edit- nevermind i noticed you dont even have a exaust!

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Depends on the dyno I suppose. The dragstrip performance on Wendy seems to back up our HP testing at Westech.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think there is anything wrong with the tune I am sure it did put out 500 hp in california but that was california and this is in texas different dynos different weather conditions different dyno operators.remember dynos are just tools I was just letting everyone know what my numbers I am very happy with the tune.apparently the shop owner was very impressed as well they started telling me the laundry list of parts they have to do to a cummins to get those numbers and commented on how how he liked the new duramax.

·
Registered
357 Posts
carcrafter22;1574540; said:
I am very happy with the tune.
Great numbers, congrats on your new tune, kudos to the guy who built the tune, and most of all; a satisfied customer satisfied with his tuner!

:ro):ro):ro):ro):ro)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah very happy I never thought this truck would beat a lightning with just a tune

·
Registered
357 Posts
carcrafter22;1574691; said:
oh yeah very happy I never thought this truck would beat a lightning with just a tune
3 words: Go Get More!

·
Registered
830 Posts
dang i can not wait, i am going to the dyno day here in kc feb 17! see what my truck does, basically same mods!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
464 is awesome if that trans is still stock IM not so HO. Great job!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I redyno'd it today and stock it put down 274 hp so I think it is a little low the we redyno'd the mcrat tune and it was about the same number I think the dynojet dyno was just a little low shouldnt a stoc LBZ put out more than that usually.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah I dont know if I just have a wednesday tranny or what but it is standing up to more than 500rwhp dyno proven hp and it was run on the dyno for most of the day it only started slipping at the end of the day, even the shop owner was impressed saying they are waiting for me to blow it up but it kept going. All bow to the mighty allison

·
Registered
830 Posts
that is very impressive with your allison, i have been wondering about mine. i have clutches waiting to install and a going to get the 1057 ordered though!

·
Registered
357 Posts
redws6rocket;1577053; said:
that is very impressive with your allison, i have been wondering about mine. i have clutches waiting to install and a going to get the 1057 ordered though!
You will quite like the 1057 converter.....

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
carcrafter22;1576847; said:
I redyno'd it today and stock it put down 274 hp so I think it is a little low the we redyno'd the mcrat tune and it was about the same number I think the dynojet dyno was just a little low shouldnt a stoc LBZ put out more than that usually.
Wendy did 309rwhp at Westech bone stock, so you are about -10%.

Many other LBZ's have run about the same stock on a load cell dyno.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats what I thought mcrat just a weak dyno huh oh well so maybe my tune I made is more powerful than I thought only the track will tell

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
carcrafter where at in texas are you i have been wanting to dyno my truck but can't find one around me but i may not be looking hard enough
oh ya and good job i have never thought anyone has found the limits to the trucks and you are proving that even a stock tranny can hold up to the abuse

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Very good numbers for a stock Allison. You may be losing 20-40 rwhp from the tranny slipping, even though you didn't notice it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
carcrafter22;1574540; said:
.apparently the shop owner was very impressed as well they started telling me the laundry list of parts they have to do to a cummins to get those numbers and commented on how how he liked the new duramax.
:exactly:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
holy jeez...over 500rwhp on a stock trans???

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would love to know what a PPE Hot +2 tune puts down!

I plan to run mine with a boost stick and I have exhaust and intake and a manual but it would give me a baseline.

Nice numbers! Good luck with the stock tranny:eek::

I think an exhaust would help you out a bunch!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.