My first AR build is about done... .458 Socom

Spec's on Build:
Spikes Tactical "The Jack" Lower
Eisenach Arms Side Charging Upper
Eisenach Arms Nib-X Bolt Carrier
McGowan Precision 16" Modified HBAR fluted barrel
Unique AR Handguard
Yankee Hill Nib-X bolt
WMD Nib-x controls,buffer tube, rear plate, firing pin, (other small parts)
JP Silent Capture Buffer
Hyperfire Trigger
GL-Fab Defense collapsible stock
FabDefense grip
Trijicon ACOG
Finishing by Pittsburgh Cerekote

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Chevy LMM
16,207 Posts
My Word, That is a beast...Looks like I need to start saving up for this as I have wanting to build this for a couple of years now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Word, That is a beast...Looks like I need to start saving up for this as I have wanting to build this for a couple of years now.
Unfortunately I ended up getting relocated for work just as I was finishing it and have not fired it yet, but that will change soon enough. I've started working up loads and have ammo ready to go now.

I've already picked up the barrel and bolt for the next build......375 Socom. Just need to decide on which direction I want to go with it. I'm thinking a clean two tone, with a rail cutter style hand guard.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
That is one fine piece of lead slinging awesomeness. Very nice looking build. Thanks for posting the build sheet. I might have to shamelessly copy it one day if you don't mind, lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is one fine piece of lead slinging awesomeness. Very nice looking build. Thanks for posting the build sheet. I might have to shamelessly copy it one day if you don't mind, lol.
No problem there. To give you some other pointers when building the .458 socom.

1. Makes sure your barrel extension is modified for the .458 and not a standard M4 or AR extension. McGowan sent my barrel with a std extension. You can modify them yourself with a dremel, but it's easier if they use the modified extension.

2. Blend the feed ramps to the upper.

3. Polish, polish, polish the feed ramps and chamber

4. Do not use Magpul mags. I have them in the photo, but you need to use either std metal mags or Lancer plastic mags.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Love the hand guard and side charge handle, that's one of my favorite lowers Nice rifle!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the hand guard and side charge handle, that's one of my favorite lowers Nice rifle!!
Thanks. I just added a DBAL-A3 and I'm looking for a Laser Genetics Subzero NX3x50, but these seem hard to find, so I might just go with some thing from Stream Light or Sure Fire.

I've also assembled most of the components (looking for a Seekins gen 2 lower and waiting for the hand guard to come in) for a .375 socom build I've got in the works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts