Diesel Place banner

420 code

Tags
p0420
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Kennedy 
#1 ·
I’m new to duramax please help if anyone knows the issue I’m having there is a higher idle check engine light is on and dpf full light shows when I start the truck but goes out about 5 mins later I unscrewed where the 9th injector goes into down pipe and it’s covered in soot

#2 ·
You've got a bad NoX sensor. There are two. An uplevel scan tool with datastreaming capability will allow you to see which one. There was a extended coverage policy on them for 2011 models. They were defective internally due to production assembly issues.

#6 ·
You've got a bad NoX sensor. There are two. An uplevel scan tool with datastreaming capability will allow you to see which one. There was a extended coverage policy on them for 2011 models. They were defective internally due to production assembly issues.
[/QUOTE
Nevermind the above. Brain fart, I guess.
View attachment 647331
how do you do this without a good scan tool and ideas ? Can you walk me through the injector test

#4 ·
Nope. Just plug in and drive.

#5 ·
Nevermind the above. Brain fart, I guess.
Font Number Document Screenshot

#8 ·
Without viewing the data from the two sensors, it'll be a pig in a poke. It could be the ninth injector, or either EGT sensor.

Reactions: OkDually
#9 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please tell us a little more about your vehicle ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods
(y)

#10 · (Edited)
Reactions: OkDually
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.