Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had my transmission built by Big Dipper back in late 2010 and it has worked flawlessly since then until now. I have about 300,000 miles on the build.
Now I'm from north of Toronto and I don't really wanna take the 16 hour trip back to Maryland to get it built again, and I'd also like to do the build myself for the experience.
Now my question is, would my torque converter still be good? Right now I'm just experiences a little slippage. But it's only going to get worse. But if I only have to get the rebuild kit and keep the converter I have then I could save some $$

Let me know please guys.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an ML converter

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
If the clutches in the trans are going, then chances are the clutches in the converter are also going. I believe PRECISION was getting $600 to refresh one of there converters at one time, not sure if that is still the price or not. As to the trans itself, SUNCOAST sells refresh kits for previously built transmissions, so that may be your most cost effective route to go. With that many miles, I would tear it down and go through it before I ordered anything. Thats alot of miles, and you have no idea what else could also need replaced simply due to just the miles.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
You could call Evan at Limitless Diesel in Dalton Mass. 1-413-770-3585. He should be able to help you with the converter, too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys,
fermanator, i think thats what im going to do.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
old thread but problem wasnt the trans at all.. it was my air dog filters... clogged after 20,000 kms, once changed, everything fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts