Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had drive train serviced two months ago. Drive train has been working fine. No weird noises or anything. Yesterday I took my truck into camp and had to use 4hi to turn around in 8" of snow. I parked the truck and shut off with it still in 4wd hi. Returned about 5 hrs later and when I started it up I got service 4wd on the display. I looked at the transfer case electronic control buttons and noticed none of the indicator lights were on and when I tried pushing different ones nothing would change and the truck was stuck in 2wd. After a few miles the display then read check coolant level. Level is fine. Something going a little haywire electronicly? Are there any fuses gone bad that could cause this to happen? I'm still stuck in 2wd.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can shift into 4lo and I think 4 high, but get no indication lamp on the dash. The shift into 4 lo was definite and obvious. Still trying to figure out what the problem is but I suspect it is only a lamp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, the fuse panel has a fuse just for the 4wd control. Mine was blown, changed it and all has been fine since. Not sure on the coolant light.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
did you shut it off and restart it? Most the time thatll solve it...Get use to it, tho ive been dealing w/it for over a yr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No blown fuses. Service 4 wheel drive comes up every time I start the truck. Stuck in 2wd and the indicator lights on 2wd 4wd hi and 4wd low are not working. Maybe the switch itself? How much for one of those babies?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Yea, trying just pulling the fuse. Its on the incab fuse panel...If you need a switch, they can be had for 75-80 bucks i believe..

·
Registered
804 Posts
Switches have been notorious on these.. Usually 4lo and 2hi work fine but the 4hi seems to give the problems.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the same problem on my 03 silverado. Go to the fuse box under the hood and pull the fuse and leave out
for 1 minute than put back in. It worked for me after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts