Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. I went on a beach with my truck and thought the 4x4 was engaged. Well it wasn't and I got stuck in the sand. End result I got out but I have no 4 wheel drive. I don't think it has ever worked in the 2+ yrs I've had it. So has anyone had this problem??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I change the dial to 4 high and it flashes then the light says it in 4 high. When I was stuck is when we relized the front wheels weren't spinning. that night on solid ground I tried it again and nothing. It says its engaged. The last time I tried it over a year ago something didn't seem right. Its not something I ever need and forgot all about checking it until I got stuck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey emdistributing, My Truck did the same thing the first time I tried to use 4WD. I read on the Forum here that if you unplug and than plug back in the motor that locks the front axles, while the truck is running and set to 4WD, it will engage the front axles. I went out to my Truck and did that and have not had a problem since. Make sure you are in Park and set the Parking Brake. Hope it Works for you too!!
Thanks I will try that. I was just driving it and got it to go in 4low but it giving problems still. Its definitely going to see the dealer tomorrow if I don't get an instant result.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
take it to the dealer there are a couple bulletins on why it might not work some about some reprogramming of the computer and some about broken snap rings etc...
It makes some noises it probably shoudn't when it finally went in 4 high. So most likely this will be making a visit to the dealer. Thank goodness I know a dealer that could care less about modifications. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed!!!! The actuator was sticking. Tech said its been turning into a common problem. They ordered me a new one just in case, so I just need to stop by their tommorow and they are going to throw a new one in.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the new actuator installed today. When I went back to pick up the truck the idiot at the desk says " your lucky we're not being as*holes and voiding your warrenty because of your lift" I asked him to explain how an actuator is effected by my lift. He had nothing else to say. The tech who has touched my truck a few time responded with " I'll put a leash on him, but becareful with what you ask to be warranted" end result is the tech is an awsome guy but realistic.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to the dealership, tech said that the truck had to be in neutral for the 4x4 low to engage. Kind of odd since the book did not mention anything like this..
Well that's a false statement. The manual states you need to be going at a speed of like 3-5mph to engage 4lo. And know that I have the actuator fixed I can confirm that as true.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I too read the book and did not see anything about drive train having to be in neutral for the 4x4 low to engage, I even explained that to the service rep. Sounds kind of odd if you ask me..
Have they even taken your truck in the service bays to try and diagnos it??? I would go to another dealer or find out that service reps schedule and go when he is off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.