Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey emdistributing, My Truck did the same thing the first time I tried to use 4WD. I read on the Forum here that if you unplug and than plug back in the motor that locks the front axles, while the truck is running and set to 4WD, it will engage the front axles. I went out to my Truck and did that and have not had a problem since. Make sure you are in Park and set the Parking Brake. Hope it Works for you too!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey WV-DMAX. I would try unplugging and plugging the motor on the axle first, I got my truck in March of 07 and did that in April of 07 and it has worked ever since with no problems, I found this in a thread on this forum. Did several searches to find it. Still have not quite got the hang of how to search and find what I am looking for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is on the axle. you need to have the truck running and in PARK and the PARKING BRAKE SET, climb under the truck from the passenger side, behind the front wheel and look up, you will see the harness at the motor on the axle. I had my truck in 2WD at the time and switched it to 4WD after the unplug, has worked ever since. Good Luck, Be Careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.