Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finished up the lift just alittle bit ago...everything fit good and the quality of the lift was great... the only thing i didnt have was a couple washers and nuts...thats about it...all yeah and they didnt send me front shocks becuase they were on backorder...
i would like to thank my uncle craig or diesel_pilot and my best friend jordan or fordthumpper for helping me put the lift on...with out them i would still be doing it...and i would also like to thank roger or farmboystoy for letting me barrow his torsion bar tool...with out it i would have been in trouble and he was nice enough to drive out of his way at the last minute to lend it too me... thanks a bunch... pics of some of the stuff we did and the finished product is on the way

·
Registered
188 Posts
good job doing it your self . i would like to put one on mine just dont know how hard it will be. what tool r u talking about? so how hard was it to do your self? from 1 to 10? cant wait to see the pics .what size tire can u run now?:grd:

·
Registered
110 Posts
We finished up the lift just alittle bit ago...everything fit good and the quality of the lift was great... the only thing i didnt have was a couple washers and nuts...thats about it...all yeah and they didnt send me front shocks becuase they were on backorder...
i would like to thank my uncle craig or diesel_pilot and my best friend jordan or fordthumpper for helping me put the lift on...with out them i would still be doing it...and i would also like to thank roger or farmboystoy for letting me barrow his torsion bar tool...with out it i would have been in trouble and he was nice enough to drive out of his way at the last minute to lend it too me... thanks a bunch... pics of some of the stuff we did and the finished product is on the way
WE WANT PICS:cool2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
:nopics: :lol:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Pics!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Does the crossmember actually drop 4" or are you turning the bars up to get it?
How much wider does the Tuff Country make the front of the truck?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the crossmember actually drop 4" or are you turning the bars up to get it?
How much wider does the Tuff Country make the front of the truck?
the cross member drops everything up front 4 inches... and no you dont crank the t bars up at all... they maybe alittle to high now even at the stock location

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good job doing it your self . i would like to put one on mine just dont know how hard it will be. what tool r u talking about? so how hard was it to do your self? from 1 to 10? cant wait to see the pics .what size tire can u run now?:grd:
the tool is a torsion bar unloading tool... it really isnt too hard but VERY time consuming... it would have been much eaiser on a lift

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would say you could get 315's under it on stock or 8 inch wide rims
i am going to run 305's on 10 inch wide rims
pics should be coming very soon

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pics Are In!!!

Install pics first then the good stuff.

Here is a gut check!:eek: Cutting of the driverside lower dif mount to make clearance room for it to be lowered with the new crossmember installed.

Cutting the upper dif mount also to make clearance room. (that saw even shook me while taking the picture:HiHi:

Ecc_33 is really good with that sawzall and that is the new bracket in the background.

This is with the lower control arms out before we dropped the front dif.

Here is the drop spindle/steering nuckle installed to the hub.

Stock spindles/steering nuckles and cross member from under oil pan are disgarded. Actually, the cross member has a home on my truck since mine is bent. That is the left lower control arm to be used once the new cross member is installed.

I don't have a picture of the new cross member before we installed it (the camera was giving us fits). It is a really beefy piece though, very well made.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Finished product

Here it is mostly back together just before we connected and adjusted the torsion bars.

Here are the rear blocks.

Back on all fours.

Outside after the drive home. What's that on the front wheel?

Another angle.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Looks great, It'll look even better with some wide meats;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Stock ride height vs. 4" lift

Here is a side by side of my truck against Eric's with all things being equal except the lift kit (same wheels and tires). My GMC is in a slight hole but you get the idea (insert GMC joke here).

Fordthumpers shirt:D

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Don't them 01-02's look SOOO much better than the 03-up trucks? Esp. when lifted

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks nice i am going to lift mine 4 inches when i get back. Tuff country is the brand i am going to go with. I am going on 4 inches because i have a slide in camper.

·
Registered
205 Posts
oops!

Sorry about that, It was only viewable using Firefox there for awhile. Should be fixed now.

·
Registered
593 Posts
no pic's just red x

1 - 20 of 83 Posts