Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are 15" x 6" aluminum modular wheels with 215/75/15 radials (I forget the brand but they are 'trailer-service' tires.) They are O.E.M. on the Work-n-Play toy hauler I just bought. Two of the wheels has minor oxidation and the manufacturer warr. them. I just want enough out of the set to be able to buy me a new set of 10-ply tires to go on the new wheels. (these are 8-ply) The bolt patt. is 6 on 5.5" (standard G.M. I think?) Lug-nuts and center-caps are NOT incl. BTW, tires prolly have approx. 1,000 mi. of use. Thanks for lookin', Ed.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I forgot the pic's.......here ya' go........ it was raining that day so the pic's arn't too good.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you get lower on the price I may be interested. But Northern Tool has those wheels and tires for 145.00 each. And they have no blemishes......

Mark

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really!! wow, that's a good price. I havn't priced out any new ones yet...but I will check it out. I'll make sure it's a 'good deal'. Stay tuned. Thanks, Ed.

ON EDIT : tire size is 225/75/15........

·
Registered
92 Posts
And to boot we could meet up for the purchase. I am less than a hour and half away from you. So let me know the bottom dollar and maybe we can deal. I will be away till this evening around 5:00 pm.

Mark

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
If you get lower on the price I may be interested. But Northern Tool has those wheels and tires for 145.00 each. And they have no blemishes......

Mark
NT has some high shipping prices thou.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.K. I looked at www.northerntool.com and I don't see any tire/wheel packages for less than $240.00 ea.
On top of that, they are 5 lug, they are 2 sizes smaller tire and who knows what load rating?? (205/75/15)
Even if your looking at wheels only, they are $160.00 ea.
So, I'm thinkin' that $400.00 is a pretty-god deal. Show me otherwise and I'll be glad to adjust $$. Later, Ed.

·
Banned
569 Posts
Ed,

I have to ask: Is that oxidation only in the photos? Would it polish out? And what would shipping be to Ridgecrest, CA 93555?

Thanks,

Joseph

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well Ed, I can tell you my local Northern Tool here in Spartanburg, SC has the same wheels with tires for 144.99 each with no blemishes. We both know that the blemishes on your wheels will not polish out or they would not have replaced them. I just looked at the ones here at my local store two days ago. Like I said if you are willing to lower the price we can meet halfway and I will buy them. Let me know by PM.

Mark

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Colnago, the oxidation appears to be under the clear coat so I doubt you would have much luck polishing them out. But, quite honestly, it's really not noticable on the trailer.......you have to be looking for it to see it. I'll try to take some pic's at 'normal' view. As ar as shippng, I don't know exact weight yet but I'll try to come up with a ballpark figure on shipping and get back to you. Thanks, Ed.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Viper, I never implied that you could polish the oxidation out. I also never implied that these wheels were perfect. My suggestion to you is that you buy that combo at you local N.T.
Like I said, I think $400.00 is a good deal.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Viper, I never implied that you could polish the oxidation out. I also never implied that these wheels were perfect. My suggestion to you is that you buy that combo at you local N.T.
Like I said, I think $400.00 is a good deal.
Don't you just love it when you put something up for sale on these sites for what you thinkare reasonable prices and all you get is the bargin experts looking to completely pic apart what you are selling?

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Leave this discussion to these wheels and the sale of these wheels only. Any other posts from here on out will be deleted.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttt

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry guy's, I've been meaning to do that.
Tires are: Mission TC 108 Radial ST 225/75/15 (8 ply loade range D )
The tread looks like the Goodyear 'Marathon'.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ttt

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are they off your 06 toy hauler?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, they are actually 'on' the toy hauler right now. I'll pull them off whenever somebody buy's them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What condition are they in since they have been sitting since 06 what condition are the side walls in as well from the sun. These are really 2 years old or not? Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.