IIRC Les Schwab around 2500

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
is this the best 4 inch lift

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
IMO the best 4" kit is the Rancho. 1 piece subframe, all brackets made from 1/4" steel, not 1/8, MUCH thicker than stock, good instruction manual(that I don't read anymore)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I agree on the Rancho. I just installed one on my friends '03 and was impressed with the quality, fit and easy instructions.

·
Registered
565 Posts
is this the best 4 inch lift
The Rancho kit pushes the front wheels out farther than the Tuff Country. I just installed a 4" TC on my dually and the front wheels only pushed out 1/2" on each side. I think the Rancho is 1" on each side. Research this good. I personally dont like the look of the tires extending past the fender lips. My TC lift went in smooth. I paid $1295 for the kit and $600 for install.

BTW .. Les Schwab wont install either of those lifts on a dually where I live. TC or Rancho (the last time I looked), dont show an application for a dually, only the SRW. It will still fit the '06 dually's. Tuff Country also has a 1 piece sub-frame.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
rcher were did you buy your lift kit??

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
so i take it these lift kits arent that bad too install???
about how much time does it take to put one on.
any special tools or helpful tips

·
Registered
565 Posts
rcher were did you buy your lift kit??
I had a suspension shop in central Utah install mine, they sold me the kit for cost and I paid installation. The install time is about 8-10 hrs for a suspension shop, not sure about special tools.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
can you use the stock rims on both tuff country and rancho 4inch lifts???

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I thought I read the Rancho lift requires no more than 4.5" backspacing; if so the stock wheels may be a problem. And the drop spindles on the Rancho kicks the front track out 1.5" on each side. I've sledpulled, dragraced, and just plain driven hard my truck with the Rancho 4" lift for 2+ years and have not had any problems.

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts