Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
If I were to put a set of Toyo LT285/75R18 (35.1 x 11.6) on an 18x9 wheel with 4.60 backspacing and -10mm offset, would I have problems with rubbing? Sorry if that is confusing. I would appreciate any knowledge about this. I would just get 33x12.5 but I wanna go a little taller and a little narrower. I would just go to the 34x 11.5 that toyo makes but it is only in a 17" wheel. Any suggestions? thanks a lot

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you looking at the AT or the MT vesion of the Toyo's? The tire size that you mentioned, doesn't sound right to me, but a may be wrong. If it's the AT version, I know they make a 285/60R18, but that equals out to be only a 31.5x11.2 with a side wall thickness of 6.7" and the MT version to my knowledge, in the 18" wheel only come in what I call standard size (i.e. 35x12.50x18). If this helps any, I'm running a 6" lift, with a wheel and tire set up of-35x12.50x18 on a 18x9 wheel with a 4.50-backspacing and a -12mm off set and I have minor rubbing if full turned one way or the other on my inner fender if going into a deep curb approach. My toyo's with 40 psi only measure out to be 34-34 1/4".

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm so sure about the tires sizes you mentioned either. I'd suggest verifying them and coming back to us with details. As for fitting 35's on a 4" lift, there is a smaller tolerance of offsets that will work. You can't have the tires out too far or they will rub the bumper or worse yet, rub the body in the rear of wheel well. If you have them in too close, they will rub the UCA's. From my personal experience, I think 4.9-5" offset if perfect if you are running a cognito lift, but you can only run a 12.5" wide tire and it is important that you keep in mind that the actual tire widths will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer even with the same size stamped on the tire. I can't help you with the other lifts because I don't have personal experience with them and there are too many variables to consider. Feel free to ask some more questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts