Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here and i was kinda throwin around the idea of gettin a 4-6" lift for my 06 silverado 2500hd duramax cc sb. im wondering whats the best set up and if you guys have pics...preferably of white silverados sense thats what I have...thanks much

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Do a search for cognito 4-6" kit. Or do a member search for Copter and look at his garage. Not a white truck but gives you an idea on height.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks copter has exactly what I want...black rims too! but i was told that if i get it lifted it will void my warrenty and of course stupid me spend the extra 2 grand on the extended warrenty is this true? and how much would a set up like his cost?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Figure a 4" Rancho at around $1500+/- , then install price. Don't know Cognito prices

I've done over 20 Rancho kits, even my own, and have never had any failures. Done a few pro comp kits, they're OK but don't fit as well IMO.

Whichever way you go make sure kit has 1 piece subframe... welded not bolted

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
JLC;1606041; said:
thanks copter has exactly what I want...black rims too! but i was told that if i get it lifted it will void my warrenty and of course stupid me spend the extra 2 grand on the extended warrenty is this true? and how much would a set up like his cost?
Not sure if you found this or not...http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117510

As far as the questions in your PM... The lift ran around $3000, the rims and tires were around $2500..

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
copter, i was checkin out your garage and I saw in the first couple pics you had your tires and rims on the truck with the tbar cranked up....did this rub at all, this might be what i end up doing for now? the only thing im worried about is i have a lawn service an dI pull an 18 foot enclosed trailer daily. next year i hope to purchase another truck for the crew but for now im using my truck. let me know! thanks

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Ive got a few pics in my garage

You wont have any issues pulling a trailer with a lift kit either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys...i called a local shop today and heres what the guy said...
he has never done a cognito before and wont so i sounds like im gonna get the Rancho 4" lift. he wants 3 grand to install it.
and Copter what kinda of mileage do you get with your truck?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
JLC;1607498; said:
copter, i was checkin out your garage and I saw in the first couple pics you had your tires and rims on the truck with the tbar cranked up....did this rub at all, this might be what i end up doing for now? the only thing im worried about is i have a lawn service an dI pull an 18 foot enclosed trailer daily. next year i hope to purchase another truck for the crew but for now im using my truck. let me know! thanks
Yes it rubbed until I trimmed the inner fenders/bumper area. It was ok but bad for the suspension
---->http://cognitomotorsports.com/store/page2.html (read this from Cognito about cranking the tbars)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
JLC;1610809; said:
ok guys...i called a local shop today and heres what the guy said...
he has never done a cognito before and wont so i sounds like im gonna get the Rancho 4" lift. he wants 3 grand to install it.
and Copter what kinda of mileage do you get with your truck?
I get 15-17 fwy and 13-15 city.... And 8-9 with the toyhauler :mad:

·
Registered
861 Posts
i have the rancho and i love it. it went on very clean, and looks to be a very strong unit. it takes a while to install but the installation is very clean. it will be very easy to return to stock with the only part that would have to be new would be the front diff. i am very impressed with the rancho kit and would recamend it to anyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah he said he will do the trimming in the shop...thats not too bad only loos about 3-5 mpg but you gotta expect it i guess compared to those dinky stock tires.

·
Registered
377 Posts
JLC;1606041; said:
When I bought my truck it was already lifted but the guy I bought it from had the dealer do the install so that it wouldn't void the warranty. If you do it elsewhere it won't completely void the warranty, only the suspension ascpect of it and they cannot void a claim unless they can prove that the lift directly contributed to the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i will call my dealer tomorrow and see what the deal would be with the warrenty..i cant imagine there is too many issues that come up with the suspenion.
nick...i would like to get it but nobody will install the cognito kit around her sorry

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
JLC;1611875; said:
ok i will call my dealer tomorrow and see what the deal would be with the warrenty..i cant imagine there is too many issues that come up with the suspenion.
nick...i would like to get it but nobody will install the cognito kit around her sorry

PM me the shops that you are trying to work with :thumb: . I will help you from there. If the Cognito is what you realy want then lets make it happen or your next post after lifting your truck will be what can I do to make it better or I wish I did the Cognito :D

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ockgator, I like your sig, particulary at the end.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I'll be installing the 4-6 Cognito kit on my friends 2500HD next weekend. I'll post up some pics here if anyone wants them.

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
jonyb;1614036; said:
I'll be installing the 4-6 Cognito kit on my friends 2500HD next weekend. I'll post up some pics here if anyone wants them.

Always nice to see pic's. Also give info on how it went for you.

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
JLC: 3 GRAND for a Rancho installed????? Sounds a bit high to me.

The only biggee could be high $$ remote shocks but I'm sure they quote with the plain 5000 series shocks.

The instruction sheet says over 20 hours for the install but that may be for the weekend warrior that wants to do their own W/O a lift. I won't say exactly how long it takes me but let's say it's less than 25% of the time Rancho quotes.

Gatorsrule: Yes they do.... nuff said

1 - 20 of 38 Posts