Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of guys here are running Banks, anyone running Magnaflows 4" exhaust w/ 5" tailpipe? Anyone know of a sound clip of the Magnaflow setup online?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
y2kboti,

Your for sale page has bad picture links.

Sorry I can't answer your question. I didn't think diesels used mufflers

I like the straight pipe so much on the Dmax that I just ordered a full 5" for my new truck (4" off the turbo) and NO muffler.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
GLAD YOU STUCK WITH THE 4 INCH PIPE HOOT. SURE WOULD SUCK TO HAVE A BIGGER DIAMETER PIPE THAN THE LENGTH OF YOUR MEMEBER

·
Registered
89 Posts
y2kboti said:
I know alot of guys here are running Banks, anyone running Magnaflows 4" exhaust w/ 5" tailpipe? Anyone know of a sound clip of the Magnaflow setup online?
Hey I don't know of anyone running one... but I have one on order. The Magnaflow site has a sound clip of one of their exhausts running on a Powerstroke on their website.

My buddy Nate at Nasty Performance is running a GP for F-body guys on the Magnaflow exhausts... he hooked me up for the Dmax exhaust under the same deal. If you haven't ordered it yet, give him a call, he might still be able to squeeze you in. (847) 458-4858.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OmniGLH and Matador please be sure to post after your Magnaflow exhaust is installed. Did you guys order the cat-back system or from the downpipe back?

OmniGLH thanks for the offer I still have to purchase a Dmax just doing a research before hand.

Anyone know if the Banks system is from the cat-back or from the downpipe back?Edited by: y2kboti

·
Registered
87 Posts
y2k,

Since I don't have a cat on my 01, it's from the downpipe back. I'm not sure if the Magnaflow even comes cat-back.

I do know that you can order the Banks either cat-back or downpipe back.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
y2kboti said:
Anyone know if the Banks system is from the cat-back or from the downpipe back?

I've got the full Banks exhaust.
It can be converted to a CAT back if needed in the future just by bolting the stock CAT section back in. See my mod pics for a side by side with the stock one.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
PEANUTGRWR said:
GLAD YOU STUCK WITH THE 4 INCH PIPE HOOT. SURE WOULD SUCK TO HAVE A BIGGER DIAMETER PIPE THAN THE LENGTH OF YOUR MEMEBER
That's why i ONLY got a 6 inch tip

Edited by: hoot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts