Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to stuff a 4" dual exhaust under a 94 6.5 k2500? i would like to do it if it can be done, i just dont know what the bends in the left pipe would look like. would it have the same bends as a gasser exhaust but w/ 4" pipe? also where would i get custom bent 4" pipe? ive read that most muffler places only bend up to 3" pipe. help would be great

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
go to a heavy duty diesel muffler shop. they have equipment to bend the pipes for big rigs and yours is comparatively small considering. as for stuffing dual 4 inch, anything is possible at the right price. question is if there are ebayers selling 4 inch kits tailored to fit our trucks. why spend money for duals.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Your entire exhaust system is dependent on the downpipe, which for most of us is a 3" pipe. Mine goes to a cat (ok, it looks like a cat on the outside), then to a 4" exhaust pipe and muffler. Splitting the 3" downpipe won't net you a significant amount of flow increase. Yes, it can be done, but the benefits are few. A 4" exhast on these trucks is fine. If you just want 4" duals, go for it.

Jake

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i was thinkin was gettin a 4" exhaust, and then deleting the muffler and putting in a y pipe (makin it a straight pipe) and adding the left pipe for duals. how much would it be to have 4" pipe custom bent for our trucks?

·
Registered
218 Posts
dual exhaust

Mine is dual exhaust from a Y pipe. Its just a P.I.T.A. to get at the spare. Kind Regards! Rick

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stingthieves, do you have pictures of your exhaust? does it sound good? did you have the whole exhaust custom bent or did you buy a system and do what i plan on doing? how much was it when you were finished? thanks for yalls help! keep ideas coming please!

·
Registered
218 Posts
do you have pictures of your exhaust? does it sound good? did you have the whole exhaust custom bent or did you buy a system !
Note my sig: Bought it with this mess under there! Found a tak-off Dbux system this winter-when it gets a bit warmer Ill fab a nice simple big single! Did you aux your iPod to the radio thru the cd input?:cool:

·
Registered
684 Posts
on my dually I had them delete muffler and add duals (y'd off) comming out both sides behind tires with 24" stainless tips. cost was 150$ I thought was cheap!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup, i aux'd it through my head unit. very simple install. i also have a cupholder stand to hold it in my center console. thanks for yalls help! i think i will be doin duals when i get the money. hopefully within the month!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts