Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my service flashes for about 30 seconds and goes off anyone have any ideas what this could be?this happens when i first start the truck up.
the truck shifts smooth and does not seem to have any noticeable problems.
thanks,jeff

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
maybe you need to service your t-case or something

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay what is involed with servicing the t-case?
just change the oil? oil level low?
thanks,jeff

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
my service flashes for about 30 seconds and goes off anyone have any ideas what this could be?this happens when i first start the truck up.
the truck shifts smooth and does not seem to have any noticeable problems.
thanks,jeff
Do you have the electronic transfer case? I had this happen with my old truck and they had to replace the switch in the dash. The lights in the switch would start flashing and then the Service 4WD light would come on. If I keyed OFF and waited 30 seconds the light would stay off when I re-started the truck. Replacing the switch fixed my problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 04. The Service 4WD light in the DIC would come on then go off after a few minutes (or if I restarted the truck). The dealer checked the computer for DTC's and the front 4-wheel drive acuator was throwing errors, so they replaced it. On my drive home from the dealer the Service 4WD light came on again. I went back to the dealer and they had their lead technician look at the truck. It turned out that there was a service bulletin for this problem. They fixed the problem by installing the latest version of software on the trucks computer. It has been 15k miles and no Service 4WD light.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the quick replys,i drove the truck last night and the light did not come on. it only happens when i start the truck and stays on for 30 seconds.but nothing at all last night.i started the truck about 4 times last running around town,strange.
thanks,jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine did it when cold outside. Try switching to synthetic fluids maybe that will help. Mine has only done it once since I changed the fluids in transfer case and front differental and it was done around 0*F.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 04. The Service 4WD light in the DIC would come on then go off after a few minutes (or if I restarted the truck). The dealer checked the computer for DTC's and the front 4-wheel drive acuator was throwing errors, so they replaced it. On my drive home from the dealer the Service 4WD light came on again. I went back to the dealer and they had their lead technician look at the truck. It turned out that there was a service bulletin for this problem. They fixed the problem by installing the latest version of software on the trucks computer. It has been 15k miles and no Service 4WD light.

:exactly: Mine did the same thing and the dealer did the same repair and has been good. I had them also change the transfer case fluid (flush):ro)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i wonder if theres a difference between it staying on for "30" seconds and continously stayin on.. When it comes up on mine, its stays on for as long as the trcuk runs, that is unless i press the trip indicator on the dash...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Do a search on this one... one of our poor members had the vehicle go into 4LO while at a high speed.
I've gotten the light myself, but think it might have been related to a fuse install I did?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts