Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger lower 3rd door latch is shot. I tried PB Blast ect but It just won’t latch and this leaves the door open and the passenger door loose with tons of air coming in on the highway making for a noisy ride. What is the best place to get one? Every site I go to points to the handle that is broken as well but I can live with that. Should I just give in and go to the dealer? I can't help but think I will pay way more than I need to but the online hunt is nuts.

·
Premium Member
18,347 Posts
The plastic coated latch finger has rusted and swelled. Replace the lower latch. Not hard to do at all. Remove screw in cupholder, and pry panel off door. Peel back moisture barrier, soak nuts in solvent, remove with 10 mm socket, and unclip lock rod. Install new latch and reverse steps.

Lower latch is same part number as the upper.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks heymccall I got 3 of 4 nuts off without breaking them. Now I can close the door and the upper locks. Any good idea where to get this part other than a dealer.All i find online is the 3rd door handle, pissing me off but I don't see any other way unless it is a junk yard.

·
Premium Member
18,347 Posts
Latch 10356951 List $86.37
Handle 15758171 List $65.46

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, now to order it and driving down the road without all the wind noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The plastic coated latch finger has rusted and swelled. Replace the lower latch. Not hard to do at all. Remove screw in cupholder, and pry panel off door. Peel back moisture barrier, soak nuts in solvent, remove with 10 mm socket, and unclip lock rod. Install new latch and reverse steps.

Lower latch is same part number as the upper.

I hate to revive an old thread but are the top latchs really the same as the lowers? I only ask cause I'm going yard hunting this week and I am sure I could find uppers to replace my lowers if they are.

·
Premium Member
18,347 Posts
Nope. My bad. Both LH & RH lower are same. Upper is different #

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.