Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wore out all searching and can’t find current answers, all very old. I have a 2012 Dually and it time to order tires. Truck has 235/80/17 (on it when I bought it). Venom makes a terra hunter 35x10.50/17 that look like they will fit on this truck. I have measured with a tape measure.. looks like it should work?? I put the same tires on my wife’s 07 Yukon and like the look and shape (not same size). As far as I know they are stock keys turned up about half way but seems tall when you think the current tires are 31.5 tall as is.
Will the skinny 35’s fit???
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would say yes although you may have to trim the lower lip on the front fender slightly. I have 255/85r16s on my Dually which are the 33.3” tall and the same width. Truck is leveled and I have zero rubbing up front at full turn. This is a 2007 classic (cat eyes) I thought that the newer body style wheel wells may be a little bigger although comparing pics side by side with yours they look similar. 1.5” spacers in the rear are recommended for a 10.5” wide tire. I have not installed mine yet.

Are you stuck on the 35” tires? If I had 17’s I would have bought a set of 255/80r17s. There is much more selection especially in AT’s than in the 255/85r16s. Might be worth a look.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Grass

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for the reply! Not stuck on 35s but I can basically get 255/80, 285/70 (17) and the 35/s for all the same money so I figured I’d just kick my self and say… should have done 35s lol. I don’t drive it daily and I do work it. I like the tires too as mentioned in the OP because I have them on another rig. There is also a set of 33x10.50/17 I’m looking at but the 35s are actually cheaper. I just don’t want to buy a “level” kit or have to hack it up but it doesn’t appear I’ll need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts