Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on lifting my truck and wondering if 35's really dog the motor down and if it kills the fuel economy i dont want to have a huge decreasment in power or fuel economy please help

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
You can expect to lose a little power, but still be able to pull decent. Also expect to lose 2-3 mpg with the lift and tires.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Just add a programmer, any one that have a decent 75-90 hp and the larger tires aren't even noticed. I ran with htech on 3 for 40000 miles (even towing 15,000) with 3.73's and 315 w/6" lift and never even though of going back. I only changed to 4.11's because of my 15,000+ trailer weight, but it was not totally nessary I just wanted higher rpms in OD when going up the hills to help the egts and transmission hunting.

I still averaged 15-17 for normal driving, 17-20 on the freeway, and 9-15 towing depending on weight. Also with the programmer the truck was pretty quick for its size.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
35's with no lift, i just run the predator wide open and don't even notice they're there... Still chirp tires too.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I like mine!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go for it, the best look by far is a 6" w/35's. I went with the 285/70/17 (32.8") or so and the LBZ stilll lights 'em up. If you had a gasser I'd say no way.:ro)

·
Registered
6 Posts
35's are no problem. I went with a 6" CST and 35 inch Toyo MT's and with the Edge programmer the truck is FAST!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts