Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a few guys saying they own one but I have yet to see any pictures? I've heard they sit higher than the 2500HDs. Anyone know if this is true and if so what the difference is?

·
Registered
687 Posts
mcrat has one and has posted quite a few pics.... Even loaded. Do a search for posts with his user name.

They really shouldn't sit much higher because the main difference is the 265 tires. The spring pack is the same between the 25HD and the 3500s with the exception that the 3500s gets a helper spring.

HTH.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've got one and it sits no higher, heck in fact I have a hard time even telling it's 4x4.

·
Registered
79 Posts

How`s this ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet Bigf00t. Thats what I was looking for but a crew cab. Did you remove the chrome molding or do the 3500SRW trucks not come w/ it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, Mine did`nt come with the chrome moldings, Just as well, i like the truck better with out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The 3500's don't come with the molding. I think it looks a little cleaner that way.

Bigfoot, what kind of bug deflector ya got. I was thinking about the GM one after reading up about them. I like your pic, I will probably be staring at it fer a while, dreaming about mine....

I am still trying to figure out why my new truck is going to be 10 inches longer than my 95 Xcab long bed Chevy 2500.Edited by: tmm2good

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tmm2good said:
The 3500's don't come with the molding. I think it looks a little cleaner that way.
I rather not have the molding but go figure...a family member just picked up an '04 GMC 3500 Dooley CC D/A 4x4 and it has the molding on. Looking at Mcrat's pictures may they don't come on the 3500SRWs.? Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by: y2kboti

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, from what I read, it is just the SRW. No official confirmation though, just what I have seen..

·
Registered
79 Posts
tmm2good, I have a factory GM hood deflector on the truck. The picture was taken just after i picked it up from the dealer. There are a lot more goodies installed now !!
Looks like your ride`s not far away, You`ll love it !!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Y2Kboti HOPE THIS HELPS

Here's an 04 K3500 SRW LB 6.0L. About as plain as they come,fleet vehicle. We have several 2500's also,but not in crew cab though. Parked side by side no difference in ride height,unlike the dooleys high stance. Most are diesels
but there is a mix of gassers also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts