Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 3500HD SRW trucks out yet? Does any one know for sure what the differances are supposed to be?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I haven't seen a new 3500srw yet myself, but they're supposed to be out. You can get them in any of the 3 cab configurations, but only with the long bed. They are only available with 4wd. They have a 9,900 pound GVWR. Other than that, they have all the option packages similar to 2500HD's and dually 3500's.Edited by: bluenote

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
the 3500 SRW has the exact same main spring pack as the 3500 dually but it has one less overload spring on the top mounted second stage. It has painted steel rims with 265 tires. I saw one at a dealer parked out back. It had a blank window sticker with no pricing or option info.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing one in person. I am sure the dealers are gettuing them slowly, but surely. I think they are only come with the 8' bed as well. No short bed 3500's...

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is what I saw at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit - long box configurations only. I wish I had paid attention to tire size.

·
Registered
747 Posts
GVWR(9900#) is 700# more than 2500HD by way of overload springs. 16x7 steel wheels with 265/75/16 tires. One of my coworkers should have his in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
At least they are finally putting a bigger tire on these big trucks from the factory and a little wider rim along with them. Maybe they will offer this option on the 2500HD as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hi guys-i am driving a 04 3500 srw ec long box 4x4 lly -ally trans full load black truck dark gray leather interior- can sticker price is 58000.00 beans! engine is very responsive and quiet.
ugly grey steel wheels!
no option for better-will have to go aftermarket! only bad thing i got to say about it! bubba jim

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bubba, can you post some pics of the truck? I may be interested in purchasing your factory wheels. Ugly works for me--I fit the description well!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
bubba said:
hi guys-i am driving a 04 3500 srw ec long box 4x4 lly -ally trans full load black truck dark gray leather interior- can sticker price is 58000.00 beans! engine is very responsive and quiet.
ugly grey steel wheels!
no option for better-will have to go aftermarket! only bad thing i got to say about it! bubba jim
WOW!!! That is alot!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just remember that when you replace those wheels you're going to need to replace them with a quality FORGED set to keep your GVRW where it is. I dont understand why GM wouldn't offer alloy wheels on the 3500SRW or 3500 duallies.. I bet there's a lot of folks running aftermarket cast aluminum wheels hauling loads that don't exceed the truck's GVRW but do exceed the wheels' weight capacity because they weren't aware of cast vs. forged differences.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
price is 58000.00 beans (CANADIAN BEANS)

So that's what $10,000 US dollars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts