Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor. That means I dunno if it's true and is this even the place to post it, it is a 1 ton after all.
The rumor is that the Express/Savanna will be getting the Duramax for next year, I saw it on TDS.
Looky here, fourth post down. I can't find ANY info on it. But it sure would be cool. As much as I'd like a truck, I'd rather have a van. Ford or GM, doesn't matter, but I'd call myself more of a GM guy. (As in I loved my Cutlass, then sold it, dumb. Bought my LHS and loved the styling and handling, hated the reliability, dad totaled it when it got out of the shop, yet AGAIN (dang 16 year old kids running stop signs) bought my LeSabre, and while it's a solid car, it has GEEZER written all over it.
All I need is a hood ornament and it'd be perfect. I want my Cutlass back, 180k miles and ran like a top). Put a Quigley conversion on it...darn, then it'll be way out of my price range. Hahaha. Wow, I talk too much.

So, could it be true?!?

Have a good one!!

Dan

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had that same info confirmed by a GM Executive at SEMA last fall. It will be available in 2005. DMAX will be detuned, with a 4L80E. The 4L80E handles less torque than the Allison therefore engine has to be detuned. I'm not sure its intercooled either.

Like you I waited and waited for them to put it our in a van, but gave up and bought a crew cab after hearing that it was coming in 2005 and will be detuned.

I'll wait and see how what they do with it. I want 4 wheel drive too, but its unlikely they'll offer it that way. I'll have to send it to Quigley for a pricey($8200) conversion.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Ford puts a 235HP version of 6.0 Powerstroke in the E-350's with the 5-sp auto, while the pickups get the 325HP version. Hence the diesel vans are pretty rare, and usually must be ordered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts