Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went from a 2500 HD to a 3500. Will be pulling a 12,000 + lb 5th wheel. What are you guys running for tire pressures when hauling? Have seen info on 2500's but not 3500

Thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
weigh truck, get axle weights, look it up with tire manufacturer. will change for tire sizes and some brands load range d-e-f???

·
Registered
65 Posts
Assuming they're still running the D-range Goodyears like my 2001, I run the recommended 65psi all around. I pull 14K (real often, too) and keep mine at that. Rotate and balance every oil change and I've got 45,000 and still have another 15 or 20K left on them (if I have the nerve to run them that far
) WallyWorld's lifetime rotation has paid big dividends for me. Sure, it rides like a truck empty, but it is a truck. It's a major pain to have to deflate/inflate when you pull every weekend or two.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chevmeister has it right Rmax. If you don't weigh it you're best off filling the tires to their max allowable. Rigs have a really nasty habit of weighing more and more each time we go out.

Good luck,
BobEdited by: Son of a gun

·
Registered
612 Posts
we run the max pressure as listed on the door of our 3500 in all tires at all times ... original tires have been given a 7 tire rotation every 5,000 miles and currently have over 49,000 on them ... look to be good for over 20,000 more

JimEdited by: JEBar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts