Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always enjoyed and found the info on these sites helpful and I need your opinion.

It is time to replace the tires on my 2002 3500 crew cab. I currenlty have @40K on the goodyears that came stock on the truck.

I was vibrating badly since about 30k and took it to the dealer and they advised new rubber and a good balance. I had a balance and now the vibration is really bad at higher speeds, over 60 mph.

Any advice on what to put on from real world owners is better then some tire sales person pushing what they like best on their car.

I am most interested in ride and snow/ice traction due to Michigan winters. I tow heavy all summer long so towing is important also.

Thank you for the info up front.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I like Master craft. Inexpensive, and good tires.

·
Registered
165 Posts
After lots of tries I go with Michelins. They are beyond compare in my opinion. The extra wear you get out of the will pay you back the premium you pay to get them. I get mine at Discount Tire. They will dicker on price if you push hard enough. Also to note: not very many people do a good job aligning our big trucks. Be sure it went to a place that has a good rep for doing that sort of work. (dealers don't always use the best guys (for us) since they do so many cars.

Good luck,

Bob

·
Registered
299 Posts
255 coopers on mine, 2nd set. Got 50k out of the first set with no problems. Seems like it always takes two trips to get the balancing right on every truck I have ever owned.
Scott

·
Registered
540 Posts
Michelin LTX M/S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts