Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see the 3500 SRW Crew Cab Short Bed on the cover of Truck Trend?

Well sort of, may be a bit of photoshop magic:
"On the Cover: Astute readers will notice the Chevy truck on the cover isn't a model that Chevy sells at this time: a shortbed 3500 pickup. However, we think, and apparently, a lot of others (from our letters and emails) agree they should. So, for our towing issue, we hoped to give GM a push in the right direction by creating our own."
See it here

·
Registered
89 Posts
Correction -- It has the good looking front end on it. That picture looks like the one in my 2002 sales brochure of a 2500HD.

My $.02 worth

Joe

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Professor said:
Did anyone else see the 3500 SRW Crew Cab Short Bed on the cover of Truck Trend?

Well sort of, may be a bit of photoshop magic:
<font color="blue">"On the Cover: Astute readers will notice the Chevy truck on the cover isn't a model that Chevy sells at this time: a shortbed 3500 pickup. However, we think, and apparently, a lot of others (from our letters and emails) agree they should. So, for our towing issue, we hoped to give GM a push in the right direction by creating our own."</font>
The big mistake I see is the timing of that statement. GM decided to build the 3500 SRW I'm sure many many months ago and TT is setting it up like they might be influential in a decision and truck that is already being put together????? This is the latest issue?

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
490 Posts
If I rip my 2500HD emblems off, install 3500 emblems, add one leaf to the rear springs, will I have a real 1 ton too??

Much ado about nothing........

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What struck me was their statement. They don’t mention the SRW part and seem to be focusing on the short bed. If I recall correctly the 3500 SRW is a Long-Bed only model. Who knows what they are implying. A recent previous issue comparing the Duramax with the Ford 6.0 was filled with misleading and inaccurate information.

Hoot… Yes, it is the latest issue. I got it in the mail yesterday.

Pick… Put the emblems on. You already have a 1 ton!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I see.... shortbed... I missed that. That would be something new. I know with a dually they don't make a bed for a shorty because of the fenders. What would the point of a 3500 shortbed be?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure, but some would go 3500 just to get 265s....... Other than that, the State the buyer lived in could be an influence with tags and various taxes with the different load ratings.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I myself would have gone to a 3500 if it was available in a short bed. I wanted the Crew Cab, and didn't need the long bed. I see lots of Ford F-350 short beds running around. Some people must think a shortbed tonner is a good idea...........

Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw a ford F350 4 door shortbed dually in Daytona at bike week this year. It looked damn good. It had to be a home grown setup but none the less cool

·
Registered
747 Posts
Pick said:
If I rip my 2500HD emblems off, install 3500 emblems, add one leaf to the rear springs, will I have a real 1 ton too??

Much ado about nothing........

IIRC, that would make a 2500HD a SRW 3500. I am not positive on that, but I think I read somewhere that the heavier rear spring setup and DRW are the only differences.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would get the 3500 if they offered it in a short bed Single axle. I blew out the overload spacers in my 2500
I dont need a full bed but I do need that shorter turning radius in the woods and around town. I can park the 2500HD ext Cab Shorty in a parking lot with out doing 3 pt turns all the time plus it fits in the garage. I had ordered a '04 ext cab 2500HD that I was to pick up yesterday. Thankfully I found this web site and did some quick back peddeling.
After I put the sales guy on the spot he confessed to knowing about the new LYY engine and says he can place orders for it in a month
but ONLY on the new 3500 SA. Which is going to be available in ext cab LWB. I am certainly going to wait the three months and see whats going to be on the lot. My delima is that I am just under 60k and I am told that is the limit GM can certify the truck and keep it on their lot. After that I take more depreciation. Add to that I am right at that point of needing new brakes, tires etc. The flip side is that I am paying 0% and the new loan was at 4.49 % and $750 over invoice with a bed liner. I hate it when dealers force you to take their add ons now. After talking to Dodge and Ford anything OVER invoice didn't seem like any great shakes. I bought a 1500 ram short bed reg cab Laramie with a Hemi for my wife a few months ago. 1 % under invoice with out any hassels. So I guess I figure even if the value goes down on mine I am building equity rapidly so it will all balance out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
DMAX2DAMAX said:
Another Correction IMHO: Obsolete front end, although extremely good looking, replaced by an even better looking front end. One that accentuates a tougher, bolder (boulder) look! Looks more like a "Rock" than a pebble!

2DAMAX

Got to agree with you!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts