Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Shortly after purchasing our '02 3500 we decided to see what could be done to improve its ride. The first thing we did was have the wheels/tires checked on a machine that tells the best way to mount a tire on a rim. We found that 1 of our 7 rims was out of round, dealership replaced it. Our next step was to install Bilsteins which most certainly helped but we still felt we could improve the empty ride. We had a local truck shop remove the longest removable main spring leaf (not an over load spring) and install Air Lift Air Bags with an onboard compressor. For us that did the trick. Will turn over 50,000 miles on her within the next couple of weeks and, even though we keep all tires inflated to maximum rated poundage, we have been delighted with the ride (empty, hauling and towing) since completing the above.

JimEdited by: JEBar

·
Registered
612 Posts
My '02 3500 came with two bad stock rims. Fortunately my dealership willingly replaced them both. Since my earlier post in this thread our truck now has over 50,000 miles on my original Goodyears and they look good for another 20 or so.

JimEdited by: JEBar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.