Diesel Place banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best after market exhaust for the Dually. Does any one know what the difference between the 4" vs the 5" exhaust.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
NOPE....but i am SURE that there's 100 diffrent threads about this onne topic...so why don't yah use THE FREAKIN SEARCH BUTTON

sry..just saying

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
What is the best after market exhaust for the Dually.
I put a Banks 4" Monster exhaust w/5" tip on my dually and it works great. And, by great I mean good EGTs and no drone in the cab. It is a quiet exhaust, for example, if a stock exhaust was a 5 on the loud meter, then the Banks would be a 5.5. There is a "sticky" in the Fuel System, Air, & Exhaust Upgrades forum that has a poll on best exhaust. Check that out. It should give you an idea of whose runnin' what. I think MBRP has a good rep, but they are louder than the Banks system.

Does any one know what the difference between the 4" vs the 5" exhaust.
1 inch?....:D

JP

·
Registered
419 Posts
Unless your going to high horsepower the 5" system wont give you anything more than a little bit deeper sound and a huge pipe to install.

The MBRP systems are awesome exhaust systems and are easy to install, and they are constructed from aluminized, 409 and 304 stainless steel. If you live up north where lots of salt is used for snow removal then get at least the 409 stainless, but the 304 is the one we suggest to survive through the winters.

Its really up to you as to what you install, either a 4" or 5" system. Contact any of the vendors that advertise here and I am sure you will get a good deal and an awesome exhaust systems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your input, I think that it makes sense to use a 4". As far as who makes it I am kind of leaning toward the Magnaflow. Sounds very nice and crisp.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I use a magnaflow and enjoy it. I have been told by several people that it sounds nice and throaty at part throttle excellerations. I have never heard it from the outside. Starting dosent count. Anyone wanna do a couple 0-60 runs in my truck for me while I stand outside and drool?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I went with MBRP duals. Love the sound; finished it with 6" tips cause I though they would look balanced with the big rear end of the truck, but they are almost too big. Jury's still out...

·
Registered
145 Posts
What is the best after market exhaust for the Dually. Does any one know what the difference between the 4" vs the 5" exhaust.
Before you by any straight pipe it and see if you like that, could save you hundreds,I did that to mine and love it,its not load inside truck unless the passenger side window is down.:grd:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
i'm already str8 piped....need more noice!!!lol

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I went with MBRP duals. Love the sound; finished it with 6" tips cause I though they would look balanced with the big rear end of the truck, but they are almost too big. Jury's still out...
:nopics:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
They look good, I'm just not big on duals on a diesel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
a little fuzzy, but here are some pics of the dirty rig and the 6" tips that I'm not sure about.
Looks like a big-block Gasser.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I added the SST 4" with the 5" tip from Motoblue. Looks Clean. Nice SST tip gives a nice look out back. I noticed nothing in regards to better MPG, Performance. The sounds is nice. Low rumble. but not to loud where you have to turn up the radio.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow. Truck is filthy; you know, we up here in WA state were trying to beat a "consective days of rain record". Yee haw...-:t
I would think you would be trying to beat a "consective days of NO rain record". Like maybe one in a row. ):h
a little fuzzy, but here are some pics of the dirty rig and the 6" tips that I'm not sure about.
I like 'em! Thanks for the pics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts