Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 with the factory bed rail caps. The rail covers had no pop-in caps for the stake pocket holes and I have a Retrax Bed Locker which does not completely cover the empty holes.

Any ideas where I can get the original stake pocket caps for the plastic factory rail covers? Who makes the rail covers?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I may have a set here, I never put mine on. I'll get back to you, if I can find them they're yours.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My '04 didn't have them, probably another GM cost cutting idea if they used to have them. I don't know who actually makes the rail caps, but GM is the only place you'll get them.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sorry professor, my search came up empty. I probably threw them away!

Try your GM parts counter, they might be able to order replacement caps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's the way I decided to fill them. I notched out the rails on the Retrax (a friend who does body work had done this several times before) then added a GM accessory tie down, the tie down hook flips up from the center. I have Line-X over the rails & had the edge of the Retrax sprayed as well, so it matches pretty good other than all the dirt & mud. Just another way to skin a cat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Swanny for the great idea. I actually would like to have the option of stake pocket tie-downs. Never thought of notching the Retrax rail and repainting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts