Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running Toyo 33-12.50-18 MTs with just a Cognito leveling kit without any major rubbing issues?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Might need to cut a little of the trim under the bumper, but that's simple. I was going that route until they quoted me a price on them.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
they will fit, but how much trimming is involved will depends on the wheel width and backspace.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
You can run them on a 9.5" wheel with 4.5" BS and you will only have to do minor trimming from what I saw. I was going to run them as well until I found out how much they were and that was at my cost, so I went with the A/T..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I've got 285/70/17s on 17x8s with a 4.25 bs and the bars cranked up to about where Cognito recommends and I get a tiny bit of rubbing on the rear of the fender liner(they're not tied back).So I figured with a 18 x 8.5 and an inch wider tire I should probably go with about a 5
inch bs. I think Cognito recommends 4.75 or less but maybe I can fudge a little.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
actually u can fit a 5.5" BS, so with 5" i think you will be safe. but u will have to do some trimming to fit them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have Toyo MT's (33x12.50R20's) on my truck with the Cognito Leveling Kit. My wheels have a backspacing of 4.5 and a -10 offset. I do have a little bit of rubbing when I turn the wheel all the way to the left and back up. I just don't turn the wheel all the way! I don't off-road that much either so that helps. You can do it (no rubbing) if you get a wheel with more backspacing I believe. I think they are wonderful tires and look great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.