Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im a newbie that registered obviously to see if someone wanted a front housing for a Cat 3116 Truck engine , which most Topkicks of older years (tow trucks , box trucks , etc. ) have .

Newer versions have the 3126 or 3116 HEUI engine which the housing I have will not fit . The housing fits most 2BK prefix serial numbers plus a good amount of others , as long as they don't have a oil line attached to the housing itself . I believe the versions with the line attached were 7SF prefix , but Im getting rusty on my Cat engines .

The housing new costs $800 and they like to break where the aircompressor mounts , if the compressor lower bracket gets loose . Alot of topkicks do not have the air compressor but just have the power steering pump mounted in the hole .

Im looking to get $200 for the housing I have . It is brand new , never used or bolted on a engine . As I said these run around $800.00 at the local Caterpillar dealer .

If you own any trucks with a compressor you likely have broken one of these :)

You can reach me at makeeta at bellsouth.net if you need more information .

Im am also a semi-retired Caterpillar Truck Engine mechanic , not retired but not working on Cat's for now . If anyone needs info on a cat engine , gimme a email .

The part number for the housing is : 7E6366

Thanks , Chris .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.