Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running 305/70r16 BFG AT's on stock rims. What did you have to do to make them fit?

·
Registered
731 Posts
nothing, you may have to raise your tbars alittle and maybe pull your inner fender baCK BUT LIKE MINE I VE ONLY PULLED THE INNER FENDER ON DRIVER SIDE BACK THEY ONLY RUBBED WHEN CUT IN REVERSE

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've got 305 M/T's. And same issue brett has, cut to the left is the only time i hear them rubbing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
305/70/16 Goodyear MTR's

Cranked up the bars, no rubbing since then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an 05 gmc sierra crewcab 4x4. Just ordered some 305/70r16 goodyear mtr's with american racing crater wheels, cranked up the torsion bars 2 inches and did an alignment. Am i going to have any problems hitting the fenders when i'm offroading my truck? I know i'm still going to have to trim the lower bumper cover.

MY PIC TO THE LEFT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE STOCK SUSPENSION AND STOCK TIRES AT THE TOP OF THE DUNES!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have an 05 gmc sierra crewcab 4x4. Just ordered some 305/70r16 goodyear mtr's with american racing crater wheels, cranked up the torsion bars 2 inches and did an alignment. Am i going to have any problems hitting the fenders when i'm offroading my truck? I know i'm still going to have to trim the lower bumper cover.

MY PIC TO THE LEFT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE STOCK SUSPENSION AND STOCK TIRES AT THE TOP OF THE DUNES!!

I dont think mud terrains will do you much good in the dunes... but in mud... you'll love them. I have hit some pretty big bumps in mine (not big enough to blow a fuse like I read somewhere else here, but big enough) and mine never rubbed, but i'm on stock wheels.

·
Registered
618 Posts
you guys are making me wish I had gone bigger than 285's. Those all look good.

·
Registered
448 Posts
you guys are making me wish I had gone bigger than 285's. Those all look good.
I can't believe that tire on a stock 6.5" rim...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts