Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 305/70R16's fit on an unlifted truck? Want the look of the big tires, but don't want to lift it. Also, is there any way to widen the rear track width without compromising towing ability? Don't like how far in the rear tires are, but don't want to make the truck unsafe for towing. Thanks. Edited by: Stringer

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was running 305/70/16 on my 98 half ton Z-71 with only a couple cranks on the torsion bars. They were the goodyear AT/S' and they gave me an easy 50K miles with no problems. I want to put the same on my new '04 D/A but it is gonna mean new rims cause the stockers are really just 16" pizza cutters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbodiesel03, are you running the stock wheels? Also, concerning the rear track width, any suggestions? Thanks again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's what mine had on it when I got it. No lift and I dont' even know if the tors bars have been turned or not. The nose is down slightly from the back which leads m to believe the tors bars have not been turned.

Can I turn them myself if I wanted to raise the front a little?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Knowing how close to the wheel wells my 285/75's get when turning I'd personally never put on 305/70's without a lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts