Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time for new rubber. got what i think is a good price for revos and was just wondering how they stack up against goodyear, etc? i tow about 9k on the weekends just wondering if they will hold up on stock wheel? also may consider the yokohama geolander at II, just wanted some opinions!

·
Registered
368 Posts
time for new rubber. got what i think is a good price for revos and was just wondering how they stack up against goodyear, etc? i tow about 9k on the weekends just wondering if they will hold up on stock wheel? also may consider the yokohama geolander at II, just wanted some opinions!
Everyone that has the revos seems to love them! The geolander's are good too, but they're only available in load range d, which would be ok though with a 285 tire for most people.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have had the 285 revos for over a year and love them. Good wear, loaded and unloaded handling, good traction. The only thing about them is load range D but for me that is not a huge problem and for the amount of time that I over load them they have had no problems. I might try the Nittos next time but as it looks I have a few years left on the revos.

·
Banned
127 Posts
morons....the duelers grab good but for what you pay they aint worth one of my turds....the goodyears are equally as bad....in my opinion tires are something you spare no expense on....ko's are the only way to go.....don't get me wrong the duelers are good for the first 20k, and after that they fade fast, stay away from the duelers

·
Registered
368 Posts
morons....the duelers grab good but for what you pay they aint worth one of my turds....the goodyears are equally as bad....in my opinion tires are something you spare no expense on....ko's are the only way to go.....don't get me wrong the duelers are good for the first 20k, and after that they fade fast, stay away from the duelers
Don't tell someone one tire's the only way to go...and what about the morons??

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I had Revos on my 1500 and they were pretty good. I had no problems with them, but only had the truck long enough to put maybe 15000 miles on them. I have BFGs now and they are equal to what the Revos were even though it is like comparing apples to oranges as far as trucks are concerned. I would not hesitate to buy Revos again, but I like the looks of the BFGs. Price, they will be nearly identical.

·
Banned
127 Posts
:badidea: , i worked at tires plus for 3 years, all through high school, the duelers are a junk tire, they grab good, but they wear out fast for the price you pay for them, they do not hold up to what they are rated for. and im not telling anyone what tire to buy, im just stating what i know from personal experience, and from others experiences with those tires. so settle down, didnt mean to bad mouth your presious duelers, oh wait yeah i did. they're junk, end of story

·
Registered
39 Posts
revo's

I have two vehicals with Revos. Wife's Durango and my 01 DMax. I'm 56 years old and have never had a better tire!! Revos are only tire that doesn't slide around on wet roads. Both sets of tires have over 23000 miles and still look brand new.

·
Registered
802 Posts
:badidea: , i worked at tires plus for 3 years, all through high school, the duelers are a junk tire, they grab good, but they wear out fast for the price you pay for them, they do not hold up to what they are rated for. and im not telling anyone what tire to buy, im just stating what i know from personal experience, and from others experiences with those tires. so settle down, didnt mean to bad mouth your presious duelers, oh wait yeah i did. they're junk, end of story
guess you know everything about tires then. A better grabbing tire couldn't have a softer compound and wear faster.

I switch between bfgs and revos seasonally, but i just do that for fun.

bfgs do not compare to revos in wet and wet snow pack!!! but i just agree with the thousands who reply in the survey at the tire rack.

And by the way i think my bfg show more wear than the revos. 50,000 miles split between them.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
DUDE, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!! If you have info to share then do it without insulting others on this site, if you can't help showing how imature you are, then STAY ON YOUR FURD DIESEL SITE!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Revos are fantastic tires. You won't regret it. BFG's are ok but they aren't nearly as good as the Revos in my opinion. I have had 3 sets of each and I won't ever buy a set of BFG A/Ts again.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Get with Pepperridge here. I think he's got a set of 4 brand new that he's selling.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Who are you even talking to, because noboby's listening. Instead of saying something's crap or something you should just say that it is your opinion that such and such is the way it is because of this and that. Then people would understand your post(s) better.:exactly:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a set of revos on my blaZeR2 (31x10.5-15) with 25-30K and they are wearing great (more than half tread left)! I went to put a set on the 2500 and the bstone dealer steared me awayfrom them, said they dont hold up well on the HD pickups. I asked him to define "hold up well" and he said they will wear out quickly because the front end of the truck is so heavy. The blazer is probably about half the weight of the D/A

I dont know if this is true, just passing on what I heard

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I had a set of BFG A/Ts for about 12,000 miles...i loved the for the first 5 or so, by the time i got to 12000, they were gone! So now i went with the revos, so far so good, but BFGs look ten times better IMO, but i think i might try the bfgs one more time on my new truck....anybody else had bad wearing exerenice on the bfgs

·
Registered
370 Posts
I also forgot to mention, the import tires (bstone) run a bit smaller than the domestic (BFG) tires.

I had the BFG's on the blazer, and when I replaced them with the same size revos, my chick asked me, "why did you get a smaller tire?"

...That almost made me take them back! I checked the specs, and they are about a half inch smaller in diameter.

·
Registered
194 Posts
bfg's

I had a set of BFG A/Ts for about 12,000 miles...i loved the for the first 5 or so, by the time i got to 12000, they were gone! So now i went with the revos, so far so good, but BFGs look ten times better IMO, but i think i might try the bfgs one more time on my new truck....anybody else had bad wearing exerenice on the bfgs
I really liked my BFG's that I had on my 1/2 Jimmy and my light 2500 with my 6.5L. A friend of mine but them on his 2500 Dodge with a Cummins and he chewed them up pretty quick. He spent a lot of time pulling a trailer and the rear tires might have lasted a year. I think that the BFG's are better on a lighter truck. As far as looks I don't know I like the look of both I guess it all depends on what the over all look of the truck that you are trying to achieve.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just bought the Revo's and am very happy so far. I good friend had the BFG's on his 2500HD and said they lasted 12,000 miles. He now has Goodyear Silent Armors and is happy. Just some FYI.......

·
Banned
127 Posts
why dont u start ripping on 8100 power, seems like he's agreeing with me. and pay attention to what i write before you start *****ing. the revos are a fine tire, but they wear fast, and they arent as good as they should be for what you pay for them. im not saying i know everything about tires, but i think i know a hell of alot more than some of you from the way it sounds. and living in mn, ive delt with both tires in snow and ice, and any weather condition you can imagine, and the bfg's are by far the best i've owned. the geolanders are pretty good, cooper makes an alright tire, wild country xtx are so-so, and the toyo open-countries are about the second best. for one thing im stating from my experiences, and from what others have experienced. im not trying to start fights, but if you wanna pay a butt load for a noisy, lousy tire, go ahead it your money, not mine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts