Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone is running this setup and what offset to is needed to prevent major rubbing. I would prefer not to crank up torsion bars.

I currently have 285/75/16 and they rubbed when new but only when fully turned and hoping to find a setup with 18s that will minimally rub like the 16s

·
Registered
693 Posts
have 285/60/18 - little smaller, trimmed bumper, no cranking. Wheels are 9" wide with 5.5" BS, otherwise no fit.
For 65 series cranking advised, or more trimming....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would happen with a 4.5" BS?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey man, I ran 285/60/18 with just a little bumper trimming. I currently have the bars cranked a little, but not too far. I work in A2 if you want to check out what they look like.

-Rob

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had an 06 HD (not duramax but same body style), ran 16x8 American Racing Baja wheels and I had to trim quite a bit of the inner fender to stop rubbing, and also cut the bumper corner off the valance. No cranking and only rubbed when I was off camber.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not in AA anymore. Need to update my profile.

Pat H, What size tires and offset were you running?

Trying to figure out if one backspace, 4.5'' vs 5.7", would rub less than the other when running 285/65/18 on 18x9 wheels

·
Registered
211 Posts
285/65r18 on stock 18x8 Z71 wheels, I believe the offset is +33. I traded that truck in for my 2010 and I'm running stock tires for now.

Sorry for some reason this thread didn't come up in active topics before

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
got mine on, had to crank alittle more than i wanted but it was getting late and rainy so i may lower it some and check it out. and zip-tie some stuff back or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.