Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have 265" all around my truck. The Back two touch all the way around.
I've heard both that its fine, and that I need spacers. I do't want to switch the back tires. There brand neww and they look so good. Any Ideas.:(

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I am no expert, but it seems like that can't be good. Did the tire lace say anything???

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would get 2 inch spacers just to be safe. A few people here are running them with 265's.

Check out wheeladapter.com

I think they can make them hub centric so it keeps the load on the axle, not the lugs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had 255's on my dually, had to put 1/4" spacers to keep the tires from rubbing. I would think you would need like 1/2". Your tires cannot touch. If you tow or have a heavy load in the truck they will rub even more. They say that they can get hot from the contact and cause tire to blow or somthing bad happen! If anything, atleast put some 1/4" spacers on to take some of the pressure off!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's a pic of my 255's mounted before adding the 1/4" spacers. at this point they were not pushing against eachother, but just kissing. After putting the 1/4" spacers on I put about 30K on the truck with alot of towing. Never had a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
So that's 255/85 with a 1/4 spacer, right? Where did you get the spacer, and what front tire size are you running?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
And here they are with the spacers.
Dogwalker,
Do you have any more pics of that tire combo? Like maybe a side view and a shot of the fronts (head on)? Also, those still look purty close:
1. What happens when you are loaded and go over uneven pavement, don't those babies flex?
2. Do they rub anywhere (front or rear)?
3. Are the tires quiet on the highway?
4. What load rating are they (pounds or range)?
Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tires did rub a little on front fender when turning and backing.
Truck has 4 inch lift, these would not fit without a lift, I couldn't even set the front end off the jack with the tire mounted (before the lift). Tires are 255/85/16 Dunlop Rovers I think they are E rated. I ran like 50 psi in them. Yes they are very loud. Here's some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
How big is that Jeep sitting on the other side of your truck???

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
He has those on an OBS Dually...it aint the same as your '06

1 - 15 of 15 Posts